Number of Frames

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

mbogacz

Number of Frames

#1 Post by mbogacz »

When querying for an image, a multi-frame, the number of frames was not returned in the response from dcmtk-3.5.4-win32-i386\bin\dcmqrscp.exe.

Is there some configuration that needs to be in place for that information to be returned?

I would imagine that some elements are searchable because they end up in the DB Table column as opposed to be only left in the DICOM Image File. Can one configure which elements should get its column in the OFFIS DB Table?

This is an important parameter that one can predict the size of the image, along with frame dimension elements, rows, columns, bits per pixel, which were not there either.

Or, is this behavior dependent on the type of image requested? In other words, can certain classes of images return this while other don't (I am assuming the multi-frame images, as it is expected for single frame image to have this element absent.)

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#2 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

Number of Frames is not required to be supported by a Q/R SCP and dcmqrscp does not support this optional key. If you need it, you should modify the source code accordingly.