Set up demo MWL server

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

duckhead

Set up demo MWL server

#1 Post by duckhead »

OK, I've been playing with dcmwlm a bit. Inside of it, I found a pair of directories named wwwapps and perl. These appear to provide a fake RIS interface for feeding to wlmscpfs. After tinkering with it for a couple hours, I appear to have it working correctly. The output of this web application is actually a little perl script that will load the data and display it back to the web (clever use of perl!) But, I can't figure out how to get that little perl script into a format that wlmscpfs understands.

Am I missing something obvious here? Or do I misunderstand the purpose of these programs completely?

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#2 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

Did you read the documentation of this module (incl. "wwwapp.txt")?

duckhead

#3 Post by duckhead »

Yep, did everything in the wwwapp.txt file (although without reading it...). That simply pertains to getting the www app up and running. That's all working great, I have the worklist.dat file in my directory, full of a bunch of hashes and arrays (one each per item on the webpage), that have packed Hexadecimal strings. Everything stores and loads just fine in the web browser.

My question really pertains to what comes next. Once I put all of this stuff into the worklist.dat, I need to serve that data up to the modality. How do I get that working? Near as I can tell, wlmscpfs program only groks DICOM files with a .wl extension, and the worklist.dat file is a long way from DICOM.

Does that explain what's going on?

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#4 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

In addition to the perl scripts, there should be a few binaries (from dcmwlm/wwwapps) called "readwlst", "writwlst", "readoviw" and "preplock", installed in a place where the Perl scripts can find and execute them.

These tools create and update binary DICOM worklist files (with .wl extension) from the content of "worklist.dat". The DICOM back-end (wlmscpfs) only looks for these .wl files in a certain directory and uses them as a kind of database to process worklist requests against.