but I didn't understand how to do that

read DICOM image and display it to uiimageviewer

your reply is highly appreciated
Best regards

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#2 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

calm down... you get DCMTK for free, we try to help you for free :)

Nevertheless: None of the DCMTK developers has an iPhone and I guess those community members that have one do not compile for it or did not read your posting, whatever. In the thread you posted you can get an idea from user elzix88 how it works.

If that does not help, ask more specific questions so we have an idea where to start!

Best regards,
Michael

ali.m.habib

#3 Post by ali.m.habib »

Michael Onken wrote:Hi,

calm down... you get DCMTK for free, we try to help you for free :)

Nevertheless: None of the DCMTK developers has an iPhone and I guess those community members that have one do not compile for it or did not read your posting, whatever. In the thread you posted you can get an idea from user elzix88 how it works.

If that does not help, ask more specific questions so we have an idea where to start!

Best regards,
Michael
I have mac snow I need specific steps to finaly
type

env ARCH='-arch i386 -arch x86_64' CFLAGS='-D_DARWIN_C_SOURCE -arch i386 -arch x86_64' CXXFLAGS='-D_DARWIN_C_SOURCE -arch i386 -arch x86_64' ./configure --prefix=/Users/bartek/full-dcmtk --disable-threads --with-libzlibinc=/Users/bartek/Desktop/dcmtk-3.5.4/zlib-1.2.5

in terminal and work . I mean I entered it and it didn't work I am totally new to DCMTK and how to build it I need to know how to start compile it in mac

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#4 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

first of all try to compile on a Mac without thinking about the iPad/iPhone. Therefore, look into the INSTALL.TXT that comes with DCMTK. The easiest way is to open a terminal, change to the DCMTK source code directory and call "./configure", and after that, call "make". That will compile it. Another way is to use CMake; this has the advantage that you could even generate an XCode project file that compiles DCMTK (in CMake, select XCode as a target when asked). As an orientation how to use CMake, look at INSTALL.TXT how it works on windows. Please review the full document and do not start until you have an overview.

Then, re-visit the thread mentioned above and we try to get things running for the iPad.

Best regards,
Michael

ali.m.habib

#5 Post by ali.m.habib »

Michael Onken wrote:Hi,

first of all try to compile on a Mac without thinking about the iPad/iPhone. Therefore, look into the INSTALL.TXT that comes with DCMTK. The easiest way is to open a terminal, change to the DCMTK source code directory and call "./configure", and after that, call "make". That will compile it. Another way is to use CMake; this has the advantage that you could even generate an XCode project file that compiles DCMTK (in CMake, select XCode as a target when asked). As an orientation how to use CMake, look at INSTALL.TXT how it works on windows. Please review the full document and do not start until you have an overview.

Then, re-visit the thread mentioned above and we try to get things running for the iPad.

Best regards,
Michael
I succesfully build it for mac thanks

rick

DCMTK on iphone

#6 Post by rick »

ali.m.habib - did you manage to get the DCMTK library into xcode for use on the iPhone/iPad?

I too am having similar problems... Did you ever find a good step by step guide on how to use it?

Kindest regards,

Rick

ali.m.habib

Re: DCMTK on iphone

#7 Post by ali.m.habib »

rick wrote:ali.m.habib - did you manage to get the DCMTK library into xcode for use on the iPhone/iPad?

I too am having similar problems... Did you ever find a good step by step guide on how to use it?

Kindest regards,

Rick
I did what in the link

viewtopic.php?t=2759&sid=d6704678b50813 ... ecc31ca0d1

for the latest version and worked well,
the problem is that I when use it in xcode and add ibaction and try to run the application crash

mmj007

#8 Post by mmj007 »

I could build some needed modules using cmake and xcode.

But i had to remove all slashes from #include statements while making a build.
eg. the following will cause a "no such file or directory" error.
'#include "dcmtk/config/osconfig.h"

Please tell me how to use headers with relative paths.
I followed the build procedure described in the other post.

HOW TO COMPILE DCMTK ON IPHONE (not fully checked) viewtopic.php?t=2759&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

ali.m.habib

#9 Post by ali.m.habib »

mmj007 wrote:I could build some needed modules using cmake and xcode.

But i had to remove all slashes from #include statements while making a build.
eg. the following will cause a "no such file or directory" error.
'#include "dcmtk/config/osconfig.h"

Please tell me how to use headers with relative paths.
I followed the build procedure described in the other post.

HOW TO COMPILE DCMTK ON IPHONE (not fully checked) viewtopic.php?t=2759&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
in the settings , u should add header search path