DICOM @ OFFIS

Discussion Forum for OFFIS DICOM Tools - For registration, send email with desired user name to the OFFIS DICOM team
It is currently Mon, 2018-01-22, 03:27

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Print Preview
PostPosted: Wed, 2011-03-16, 09:16 

Hi guys,
Please let me know how can I create print previews using DCMTK 3.6.0. I managed to get the buffer data using getPreviewImageBitmap(), but unable to create a bitmap(8 bit) to display it on screen. Also I want to display patient details on top of the image.
one more doubt...Can Print Preview be created using Stored Print Object?If i have an image which contains multiple frames how can i display it on a print preview?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon, 2011-03-21, 11:22 
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

First of all, the "pring preview" feature has been implemented for and is used by DICOMscope.

The getPreviewImageBitmap() method creates and returns a mochrome bitmap as an array of 8 bit values. if you want to display this bitmap on screen, you need to consult the documentation of the GUI toolkit and/or operating system you are using. DICOMscope uses Java for the GUI and accesses the DCMTK via JNI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon, 2011-03-21, 11:29 

I said I managed to get the buffer data. but I was unable to render it into the bitmap image for display. Also please give me some idea of how to embed patient details into the image.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon, 2011-03-21, 11:43 
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

Quote:
I was unable to render it into the bitmap image for display.

As I said, this depends on the GUI toolkit/framework you are using. We've used Java for the DICOMscope GUI and the source code of DICOMscope is also available on our web/ftp server.

Quote:
Also please give me some idea of how to embed patient details into the image.

The rastering of text on top of the print preview bitmap - if this is what you meant - is not supported by the "dcmpstat" module. This module was mainly intended as a support library for the DICOMscope reference application.

Maybe, the FreeType library can be used for this purpose ...