Parsing DcmSequenceOfItems

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

wuby

Parsing DcmSequenceOfItems

#1 Post by wuby »

Hi all, I'm new to DICOM and DCMTK, so I hope my questions won't be too fool!
I'm trying to parse the elements in a dataset, using the method nextincontainer. When I find an SQ element I would like to parse its elements too, so the only way I found to do that is to cast the element to a SequenceOfItems and use the same method nextincontainer to get every element in the sequence; but in this way I always get elements with tag (0xfffe, 0xe000), i.e. DCM_Item, what's wrong with this approach?

wuby

Re: Parsing DcmSequenceOfItems

#2 Post by wuby »

wuby wrote:Hi all, I'm new to DICOM and DCMTK, so I hope my questions won't be too fool!
I'm trying to parse the elements in a dataset, using the method nextincontainer. When I find an SQ element I would like to parse its elements too, so the only way I found to do that is to cast the element to a SequenceOfItems and use the same method nextincontainer to get every element in the sequence; but in this way I always get elements with tag (0xfffe, 0xe000), i.e. DCM_Item, what's wrong with this approach?
ok I solved myself, i just needed to obtain a DcmItem through sq->getItem(num) to get the list of elements in the SQ