PACS server communication

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

anjumsk29

PACS server communication

#1 Post by anjumsk29 »

Hi,

I want to retrieve dicom files from Pacs server. I am beginner to DCMTK library. Please let me know what all classes to be used for Pacs server communication. Please provide me some steps also.

Thanks in advance.

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#2 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

look at the tool movescu which is able to retrieve images from the PACS. If you look into its code, you see how this is done.

If you want to use a C++ class for that, use the DcmSCU class (be sure to use the last snapshot which contains code for retrieving images from a PACS).

Michael

anjumsk29

#3 Post by anjumsk29 »

I have a query whether DcmSCU will retrieve a dicom files or dicom image files.

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#4 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

it does not retrieve DICOM files (objects, including images) itself, but it initiates the transfer by sending a DICOM C-MOVE request. You should use the function sendMOVERequest() for that.

For receiving the files, you can base your server on DcmSCP and overwrite handleIncomingCommand(). Or you just use the tool (or code in) storescp.

Michael

parisisal

#5 Post by parisisal »

I've a DcmSCP server on localhost and listen on 8888 port.
I've a Remote PACS Server.
How can I specify in the sendMOVERequest() to send the dcm files from remote PACS to my DcmSCP server ?

omarelgazzar

#6 Post by omarelgazzar »

How can I specify in the sendMOVERequest() to send the dcm files from remote PACS to my DcmSCP server ?
You can specify this destination using the parameter moveDestinationAETitle. This will tell the c-move server to send the images to this AE title. The c-move server should be configured in order to associate this AE title to the IP address and port number to which the images are sent.

parisisal

#7 Post by parisisal »

THank you omarelgazzar,
For example, my DcmSCP server has a AETitle "TEST-SCP"
So, i must send a previous command to the remote PACS where I tell him : "TES-SCP" is 80.90.80.90:8888 ?
What is the dcmtk API to do this ?

Slalvo

omarelgazzar

#8 Post by omarelgazzar »

parisisal wrote:So, i must send a previous command to the remote PACS where I tell him : "TES-SCP" is 80.90.80.90:8888 ?
What is the dcmtk API to do this ?
As I mentioned, the remote PACS which receives the C-Move request should be internally configured by a user to send images for this move destination AE to the corresponding IP address and port number. There is no such command in DICOM.

parisisal

#9 Post by parisisal »

I'm sorry, I'm confused.
So there is no way to retrieve images from a Server PACS if not configure an AETITLE on the Server ?

So, for example if i want retrieve a dataset from dicomserver.co.uk, the sendMOVERequest() is useless since I can not configure on the remote server my local SCP AETITLE.
Right ?

omarelgazzar

#10 Post by omarelgazzar »

parisisal wrote:So, for example if i want retrieve a dataset from dicomserver.co.uk, the sendMOVERequest() is useless since I can not configure on the remote server my local SCP AETITLE.
Right ?
Right. You have to ask the PACS administrator to configure your local SCP as the store destination.

anjumsk29

#11 Post by anjumsk29 »

If you want to use a C++ class for that, use the DcmSCU class (be sure to use the last snapshot which contains code for retrieving images from a PACS).
Please let me know from where I can get the last snapshot

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

#12 Post by J. Riesmeier »

manoindia2020

sendMoveRespose method is not found in DCMSCU

#13 Post by manoindia2020 »

I am having the latest dcmtk3.6 lib, in that I can't find the method sendMoveResponse in DCMSCU. Can you tell me what I am missing actually.
Thanx in advance

with regards
Manoj Kumar D
with regards
Manoj Kumar D

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#14 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

please avoid double posting. You can find the response in the other thread.

Michael