Is it possible to get 0040,0310 returned in findscu?

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

jalexander

Is it possible to get 0040,0310 returned in findscu?

#1 Post by jalexander »

I'm looking to get that tag, along with others from findscu so I don't have to grab the whole dicom file and parse through it. I'm trying to use findscu to return the tags, but it always comes up empty. I know that tag is populated.

Currently I'm using the following findscu search:

findscu -v -W -k 0020,000D="studyuidvalue" -k 0008,0052=SERIES -k 0020,0011=999 -k 0020,0010 -k 0018,0015 -aec AEC -aet AET 111.222.133.22 5000

(note I changed values such as "studyuidvalue" and titles, just know that in my query those values are correct. )

What I assume is I'm looking in the wrong place, using the wrong tags, or looking for something that can not be found with findscu.

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

#2 Post by J. Riesmeier »

Check Table K.6-1 in Part 4 of the DICOM standard for the attributes of the Modality Worklist Information Model. Of course, you can use findscu to request any DICOM attribute, but if the server does not support it ... and, I also do not think that this attribute makes any sense in a worklist entry. What is your use case, btw?

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#3 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

do you really like to make worklist queries (findscu -W)? I ask because you say something like "whole DICOM file", which would be only relevant in Query/Retrieve (also your query looks like a Q/R query and not a worklist query).

If the server is acting correctly, every attribute that it does not support is just kicked out of the response. Thus you can recognize from this behaviour which attributes are supported.

Best regards,
Michael