class DcmSCP and C-STORE requests

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

dimitri

class DcmSCP and C-STORE requests

#1 Post by dimitri »

I'm attempting to write a C-STORE SCP using the DcmSCP class. I've read the class documentation and a few other resources such as: So far: I'm stuck in the implementation of handleSTORERequest():
  • • It looks like storescp uses lower level functions such as storeProvider() within storeSCP() and these functions need a pointer to the current association which in DcmSCP is a private variable m_assoc.
    • Method DcmSCP::handleECHORequest() makes use of private variables such as m_assoc or lower level fuctions such as DIMSE_sendEchoResponse().
Could you give me a few hints on which additional methods should be overridden (if any) and which methods I should use in handleSTORERequest()? My guess is that I must call or override DcmSCP::sendSTOREResponse().

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

#2 Post by J. Riesmeier »

I'm not the main author of these classes but I guess that the basic handleSTORERequest() method should be added to the DcmSCP class. Maybe, my colleague Michael can also comment on that ...

dimitri

Re: class DcmSCP and C-STORE requests

#3 Post by dimitri »

I have indeed added a handleSTORERequest() method to my class which inherits DcmSCP. The problem is that I'm stuck writing the contents of this method.

Available examples such as storescp source code and method DcmSCP::handleECHORequest() makes use of private variables such as m_assoc or lower level fuctions such as DIMSE_sendEchoResponse(). I don't have access to such private variables in my handleSTORERequest() function.

My guess is that I should use higher level functions made available in DcmSCP such as DcmSCP::sendSTOREResponse(). I would appreciate some basic initial guidance, such as which DcmSCP methods I should overload/call to implement a basic response to a C-STORE request.

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

Re: class DcmSCP and C-STORE requests

#4 Post by J. Riesmeier »

The DcmSCP class is not yet complete (see the "Experimental" warning), so a handleSTORERequest() method is still missing. Addding this method to the DcmSCP class (and not to a derived class) should solve your problem. In doing so, there should be no issue with missing access to private member variables.