using storescp and dcmgpdir -> anybody interested?

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

C.Herrmann

using storescp and dcmgpdir -> anybody interested?

#1 Post by C.Herrmann »

Hi all!

We want to change sending data to the german "Ärztliche Stelle" from CDs to a harddisk. They asked us to send the studies in folders together with a correct dicomdir-file. This did not work out of the box with storescp and dcmgpdir because storescp always creates directory names longer then 8 chars.

So I added for our use two options (one for another timestamp, hhmmss+2chars millisecond, the other one with the last 8 chars of the accessionnombers) and now my system works with the following options. As soon as all dicom-files are sent from the pacs we create a dicomdir-file and copy all the data to an harddisk.

Code: Select all

storescp.exe -aet abcde -od pathtodicom --eostudy-timeout 1 -s8 --rename-on-eostudy  -tn  104
The s8-option is "my" new one.

Is anybody interested in this code? If so: shall I use git and check it in or shall I post a diff-file? I do not know how this is normaly handled, this is my first post and I did not found similar questions.

Kind regards,

Christian

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

Re: using storescp and dcmgpdir -> anybody interested?

#2 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi Christian,

thank you for your code contribution offer. The best way to contribute is to create a patch against the latest git master HEAD commit that you can find in our public git repository. Please send in your patch and we'll have a look. Then you can send the patch via email to info at dcmtk dot org, or post a link here (which is maybe a good idea to also share it directly with other users). Thanks!

Best,
Michael