Errors using the dcmtk 3.6.1 snapshot

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

nijoX

Errors using the dcmtk 3.6.1 snapshot

#1 Post by nijoX »

Hello,

I'am using the newest snapshot of the dcmtk with VC++08 Express Edition.
Before this i worked successfully with the dcmtk 3.6.0. Just programming a DLL that was able to communicate with a PACS-System like sending an ECHO-Request and FIND-Requests. This worked for me with the last dcmtk relase. Now that i need to get the pictures from the PACS-System i have to take the newest snapshot since the sendMOVERequest method, that is supposed to use in your Wiki, was not implemented in scu class of the dcmtk release.
After i have successfully built the snapshot i wanted to just rebuild the DLL and this is where the problem occurs. When i try to build the DLL i get the following errors that look to me like it is a dcmtk internal error.

Code: Select all

C:\Programme\DCMTK3.6.1\include\dcmtk/oflog/tracelog.h(59) : error C2678: binary '+' : no operator found which takes a left-hand operand of type 'const wchar_t [8]' (or there is no acceptable conversion)
        C:\Programme\DCMTK3.6.1\include\dcmtk/ofstd/ofstring.h(867): could be 'OFString operator +(const OFString &,const OFString &)'
        C:\Programme\DCMTK3.6.1\include\dcmtk/ofstd/ofstring.h(874): or       'OFString operator +(const char *,const OFString &)'
        C:\Programme\DCMTK3.6.1\include\dcmtk/ofstd/ofstring.h(881): or       'OFString operator +(char,const OFString &)'
        C:\Programme\DCMTK3.6.1\include\dcmtk/ofstd/ofstring.h(888): or       'OFString operator +(const OFString &,const char *)'
        C:\Programme\DCMTK3.6.1\include\dcmtk/ofstd/ofstring.h(895): or       'OFString operator +(const OFString &,char)'
        while trying to match the argument list '(const wchar_t [8], dcmtk::log4cplus::tstring)'
C:\Programme\DCMTK3.6.1\include\dcmtk/oflog/tracelog.h(64) : error C2678: binary '+' : no operator found which takes a left-hand operand of type 'const wchar_t [8]' (or there is no acceptable conversion)
        C:\Programme\DCMTK3.6.1\include\dcmtk/ofstd/ofstring.h(867): could be 'OFString operator +(const OFString &,const OFString &)'
        C:\Programme\DCMTK3.6.1\include\dcmtk/ofstd/ofstring.h(874): or       'OFString operator +(const char *,const OFString &)'
        C:\Programme\DCMTK3.6.1\include\dcmtk/ofstd/ofstring.h(881): or       'OFString operator +(char,const OFString &)'
        C:\Programme\DCMTK3.6.1\include\dcmtk/ofstd/ofstring.h(888): or       'OFString operator +(const OFString &,const char *)'
        C:\Programme\DCMTK3.6.1\include\dcmtk/ofstd/ofstring.h(895): or       'OFString operator +(const OFString &,char)'
        while trying to match the argument list '(const wchar_t [8], dcmtk::log4cplus::tstring)'
C:\Programme\DCMTK3.6.1\include\dcmtk/oflog/logmacro.h(106) : error C2665: 'dcmtk::log4cplus::Logger::getInstance' : none of the 2 overloads could convert all the argument types
        C:\Programme\DCMTK3.6.1\include\dcmtk/oflog/logger.h(112): could be 'dcmtk::log4cplus::Logger dcmtk::log4cplus::Logger::getInstance(const dcmtk::log4cplus::tstring &)'
        while trying to match the argument list '(const dcmtk::log4cplus::tchar *)'
This error occurs when i try to include a headerfile which uses the oflog.h like the scu.h did.

I searched this Forum for more informations about this problem but the 2 solutions i found did not help me at all.
I would highly appreciate it if someone could help me to solve my problem.

best regards

nijoX

Jan Schlamelcher
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

Re: Errors using the dcmtk 3.6.1 snapshot

#2 Post by Jan Schlamelcher »

This has already been answered quite often, for example in this thread.