DICOMSR - How to create a DICOM SR file?

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

kstn_hut_hat

DICOMSR - How to create a DICOM SR file?

#1 Post by kstn_hut_hat »

I have an image with measurements/annotations, descriptions. Now, I need to create a DICOM SR file.
1. But I do not know how to create is correct? How to organize the data? In the dcmtk solution, I just saw an example of reading dicomsr files - dsrdump. Can you give me a small example?
2. How do I know code entry information of a certain measurement? Such as: arrow, cross, line, angle,...?
3. How to store the measurement? Such as: I want to store cross (+). Will I rely on the graphic type of DICOM SR standard?
Thanks for seeing!

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

Re: DICOMSR - How to create a DICOM SR file?

#2 Post by J. Riesmeier »

Re. 1: Examples on how to create DICOM SR documents using DCMTK's dcmsr module can be found in the documentation, in the mkreport source code and in the various test cases in the "dcmsr/tests" sub directory.

Re. 2: "arrow, cross, line, angle" sounds more like graphical annotations. These are not specified by a DICOM Structured Report but by a Softcopy Presentation State.

Re. 3: Same as for 2.

kstn_hut_hat

#3 Post by kstn_hut_hat »

J. Riesmeier wrote:Re. 1: Examples on how to create DICOM SR documents using DCMTK's dcmsr module can be found in the documentation, in the mkreport source code and in the various test cases in the "dcmsr/tests" sub directory.

Re. 2: "arrow, cross, line, angle" sounds more like graphical annotations. These are not specified by a DICOM Structured Report but by a Softcopy Presentation State.

Re. 3: Same as for 2.
Oh. I found it. It's useful for me! Thanks you!
I have read the example you give me. I have a question. How do you determine CODE ENTRY information (code value, coding scheme designator, code meaning) when use the following statement?

Code: Select all

setConceptName(DSRCodedEntryValue(codeValue, codingSchemeDesignator, codeMeaning));
Besides, in DICOM SR, Can I add graphical annotation informations ? (if i don't want to use GSPS).

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

#4 Post by J. Riesmeier »

How do you determine CODE ENTRY information (code value, coding scheme designator, code meaning) when use the following statement?
This depends on whether your document is based on a standard template (see DICOM Content Mapping Resource in part 16 of the DICOM standard) or not. You could either use standard coded terminology or your own private codes.
Besides, in DICOM SR, Can I add graphical annotation informations ? (if i don't want to use GSPS).
There are spatial coordinates (SCOORD and SCOORD3D content items) in DICOM SR but this does not mean that they are rendered as graphical annotation by the SCU. This is where Softcopy Presentation States (e.g. GSPS) come into play...

kstn_hut_hat

#5 Post by kstn_hut_hat »

J. Riesmeier wrote:
How do you determine CODE ENTRY information (code value, coding scheme designator, code meaning) when use the following statement?
This depends on whether your document is based on a standard template (see DICOM Content Mapping Resource in part 16 of the DICOM standard) or not. You could either use standard coded terminology or your own private codes.
There are spatial coordinates (SCOORD and SCOORD3D content items) in DICOM SR but this does not mean that they are rendered as graphical annotation by the SCU. This is where Softcopy Presentation States (e.g. GSPS) come into play...
Thank you very much! I'm studying more :D