DCMPRSCP/DCMPRSCU configuration file!

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

kstn_hut_hat

DCMPRSCP/DCMPRSCU configuration file!

#1 Post by kstn_hut_hat »

Hi,
To run dcmprscp/dcmprscu, we need to pass the configuration file path agurment. If i don't want to do it, how to set default value for DVInterface's variable?

Can you help me?
Thank you so much!

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

Re: DCMPRSCP/DCMPRSCU configuration file!

#2 Post by J. Riesmeier »

As far I can can see, you have to pass the filename of the config file as the first parameter of the DVInterface constructor. Please note that this class is derived from class DVConfiguration.

Gavinzz01

#3 Post by Gavinzz01 »

You can set every parameter using default value no using config file.It is a very big work~

kstn_hut_hat

#4 Post by kstn_hut_hat »

Gavinzz01 wrote:You can set every parameter using default value no using config file.It is a very big work~
Yes. It's a larger work :(

kstn_hut_hat

#5 Post by kstn_hut_hat »

J. Riesmeier wrote:As far I can can see, you have to pass the filename of the config file as the first parameter of the DVInterface constructor. Please note that this class is derived from class DVConfiguration.
Hi J. Riesmeier!
After read scp/scu examples, the DICOM Print follow from SCU to SCP is:
(Print 2 DICOM file - A and B)
Step1: Use dcmpsprt to create a print job consisting of stored print and hardcopy grayscale images. It's mean create 3 files.
Step2:Then, Send stored print file from scu to scp.

Why use dcmpsprt? If i don't want to use it, another way to print DICOM?

Expecting early reply,

Many thanks,

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

#6 Post by J. Riesmeier »

Step1: Use dcmpsprt to create a print job consisting of stored print and hardcopy grayscale images. It's mean create 3 files.
You could also use the "spool" mode of the dcmpsprt tool in order to send the print job "directly" to the printer.
This is how the print SCU in the "dcmpstat" module works. You have to understand that it has been developed in response to an official RFP (as an extension of the DICOMscope software). The main purpose was/is testing of the print communication, so storing the "print job" as files make the network communication persistent and allows for analyzing it in detail before actually sending the job to a printer.

Of course, you could develop your own print SCU based on the DCMTK or check the DCMPRNT software (which has to be licensed separately from OFFIS).

kstn_hut_hat

#7 Post by kstn_hut_hat »

J. Riesmeier wrote:
You could also use the "spool" mode of the dcmpsprt tool in order to send the print job "directly" to the printer.
This is how the print SCU in the "dcmpstat" module works. You have to understand that it has been developed in response to an official RFP (as an extension of the DICOMscope software). The main purpose was/is testing of the print communication, so storing the "print job" as files make the network communication persistent and allows for analyzing it in detail before actually sending the job to a printer.

Of course, you could develop your own print SCU based on the DCMTK or check the DCMPRNT software (which has to be licensed separately from OFFIS).
Thanks for reply!
I will try