ImageSuite MWL

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

martinrame

ImageSuite MWL

#1 Post by martinrame »

Hi, this question is not strictly related to DCMTK, but as I created my modality worklist server based on it I ask this here.

The WL Server works perfectly well with many modality vendors, with the exception of Carestream's Imagesuite. This machine is rejecting the value of tag 0008,0100, aparently because I'm sending wrong values.

I've asked the field engineer of Carestream if the modality has procedure mapping table, but he doesn't know...so, does anyone worked with this machine, how can I overcome this problem?.

Regards,
Leonardo.

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

Re: ImageSuite MWL

#2 Post by J. Riesmeier »

The name of attribute tag (0008,0100) is "Code Value", so its "meaning" depends on the sequence in which it is contained.

Have you already looked into the DICOM Conformance Statement of the "Carestream Image Suite"?

martinrame

#3 Post by martinrame »

Yes, I've downloaded it from https://www.carestream.com/Image-Suite- ... 9H4478.pdf

In 3.3.4 - Procedure Mapping
CARESTREAM Image Suite can get the body part from the mapping value of the procedure code.
For the procedure mapping to function properly CARESTREAM Image Suite must receive the correct
code in the code value (0008,0100) element of the requested procedure code sequence (0032,1064).
For Vet application, from the code value can also get the species by configuration.
But I don't know what is the correct code...

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

#4 Post by J. Riesmeier »

The DICOM Conformance Statement is not much of a help (and also seems to be incomplete or a draft version?). Maybe, you can find more information in the user/service manual... or the mapping is configurable in the software settings.