scp.h with SSL

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

theonlylawislove

scp.h with SSL

#1 Post by theonlylawislove »

I see scp.h is a common base class, used for many scp provider implementations (storage, find, etc) in the dcmtk. However, I don't see any way to configure openssl with the class.

I could probably override "waitForAssocaition", and set the transport layer once, but that seems like a hack for something that should be a built in feature.

PS: I would love it if you guys supported a GitHub repo. I could help a lot of pull requests.

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

Re: scp.h with SSL

#2 Post by J. Riesmeier »

The class DcmSCP is intended to become the base class for many (all?) SCPs within the DCMTK. Currently, only the "dcmrecv" command line tool and the underlying class DcmStorageSCP are based on it (of course, there are many more but not within the public DCMTK).

Anyway, you are right. The DcmSCP is still missing support for TLS (OpenSSL). I guess that up to now no one in our team actually needed it. For the SCU part, there is already a derived class: DcmTLSSCU.
PS: I would love it if you guys supported a GitHub repo. I could help a lot of pull requests.
Your help would be appreciated. And, in fact, the current development source code is publicly available as you can see in DCMTK's official git repository at "git.dcmtk.org". Instead of pull requests, we would prefer to get simple patches (i.e. a diff file based on the current git version).