BTO Support

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

MarcusK35

BTO Support

#1 Post by MarcusK35 »

I'm trying to do a DICOM store of a Breast Tomosynthesis Object with storescu.exe in the OFFIS toolkit and the logging is saying the context is not supported. Is there any current plans to add that object type to the list of supported SOP classes?

Marcus

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

Re: BTO Support

#2 Post by J. Riesmeier »

You could either use "dcmsend" or start "storescu" with an appropriate configuration file (for the association negotiation). The tool "storescu" is rather dumb and does not look into the DICOM dataset to be transferred in order to determine the SOP Class(es) to be proposed during association negotiation.

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#3 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

storescu -R should also do the trick.

Best,
Michael

MarcusK35

#4 Post by MarcusK35 »

Thanks for the responses. Messing with the storescu.cfg worked. I had done so before, but was not successful. I see in the logging that there is a limit of 128 context IDs. Is there any way to increase that? Once again, thanks for your help.

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#5 Post by Michael Onken »

No, that's not possible since this is a limitation of the DICOM ACSE network protocol. Though you can throw away all SOP classes in the configuration that you don't need for your purpose (I doubt you want to send all of them).

Best,
Michael

MarcusK35

#6 Post by MarcusK35 »

Yup, that is what I did. Removed the IntraOral. I had a feeling there was some sort of hard limit on the Context IDs. Thanks again!

MarcusK35

#7 Post by MarcusK35 »

I thought I had it, but I'm having a little trouble getting my command line to read the modified storescu.cfg file. This is what I'm trying:

E:\DICOMSortStore>storescu 192.168.102.22 104 E:\ImagesFrom\BTO01.dcm -aec test -aet sv -lc log2file.cfg -xf e:\dicomsortstore\storescu.cfg

Any suggestions on how to get it to work?

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#8 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

-xf requires two parameters, not one:

Code: Select all

-xf   --config-file        [f]ilename, [p]rofile: string
                               use profile p from config file f
So you also have to provide the Profile defined in the storescu.cfg file (you could define multiple inside). You can find all profiles defined in the section "Profiles", and per default, the only one defined is called "Default" :-) I.e. Try -xf e:\....\storescu.cfg Default.

Best,
Michael

MarcusK35

#9 Post by MarcusK35 »

OK thank you everyone for all the help. I finally got it. I added BTO to the list of Context IDs and called the "Default" profile as Michael suggested. Worked like a charm.