DcmFindSCU multiple queries on the same association

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

geke

DcmFindSCU multiple queries on the same association

#1 Post by geke »

Hello,

When doing low level queries (for exmple a imge/instance level query) many sub-queries are necessary.

I use DcmFindSCU::performQuery for the queries but it creates/destroys a association on every call.

This might be a reasonable overhead to create/destroys a association on every call. DcmFindSCU::performQuery allows to specify multiple queries by file which is not very useful when used by code.

How can i execute multiple queries on the same association? Did i miss something?

//-

I can imagine how to do this by modifying DcmFindSCU: This may be a hint for further releases.

-> DcmFindSCU::findSCU (Which takes an association as input) is already there but private

When making DcmFindSCU::findSCU protected and moving the code which create/destroys a association from DcmFindSCU::performQuery to separate methods (also protected) the association can be controlled by sub classes.

Greetings Gerd

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

Re: DcmFindSCU multiple queries on the same association

#2 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

multiple queries are not possible with dfindscu.cc. Note that this file and the related class has been extracted straight-forward from the original findscu.cc source, in order use it in a project. Thus dfindscu.cc only does what findscu does, nothing more. You would have to extend the code for your purpose.

Alternatively, you can use the newer DcmSCU class in scu.cc. A little howto shows how to send queries and evaluate the responses.

Best,
Michael