DICOM @ OFFIS

Discussion Forum for OFFIS DICOM Tools - For registration, send email with desired user name to the OFFIS DICOM team
It is currently Mon, 2017-12-18, 21:04

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sat, 2017-11-18, 15:29 

Hello everyone,

After successfully compile and install DCMTK, some error appeared, most of them are related to setup path of DCMTK.
But, some others still persist.

My environment :
- Microsoft Visual studio community 2015 / version 14.0.25123.00 Update2
- Windows 7 Professional 64 bits
- Qt 5.6.3
- dcmtk-3.6.2
- Cmake-3.9.4-win64-x64
- dcmtk-3.6.2-win64-support_MD-msvc-14.0

Those some screenshot of compile and installation steps :

build
https://prntscr.com/hc2j6u

http://prntscr.com/hc2on8

http://prntscr.com/hc2pj3

installation
http://prntscr.com/hc2pqm

Now, I include DCMTK to my project, on visual studio. ( in the begin it was a problem with include c:\DCMTK to "include directories " setting, it was fixed later.

http://prntscr.com/hc2qyz

Now, clean and rebuild my project, some error still appeared, but this time, are related to instruction in header files :

Code:
Severity   Code   Description   File   Line   Suppression State
Error (active)      expected an identifier   c:\DCMTK\include\dcmtk\ofstd\oflimits.h   72   
Error (active)      no instance of overloaded function "dcmtk::log4cplus::Logger::getInstance" matches the argument list   c:\DCMTK\include\dcmtk\oflog\logmacro.h   106   
Error (active)      no operator "+" matches these operands   c:\DCMTK\include\dcmtk\oflog\tracelog.h   59   
Error (active)      no operator "+" matches these operands   c:\DCMTK\include\dcmtk\oflog\tracelog.h   64   
Error (active)      expected an identifier   c:\DCMTK\include\dcmtk\ofstd\oflimits.h   78   
Error   C2678   binary '+': no operator found which takes a left-hand operand of type 'const wchar_t [8]' (or there is no acceptable conversion)   C:\DCMTK\include\dcmtk\oflog\tracelog.h   59   
Error   C2664   'void dcmtk::log4cplus::Logger::forcedLog(const dcmtk::log4cplus::spi::InternalLoggingEvent &) const': cannot convert argument 3 from 'int' to 'const char *'   C:\DCMTK\include\dcmtk\oflog\tracelog.h   59   
Error   C2678   binary '+': no operator found which takes a left-hand operand of type 'const wchar_t [8]' (or there is no acceptable conversion)   C:\DCMTK\include\dcmtk\oflog\tracelog.h   64   
Error   C2664   'void dcmtk::log4cplus::Logger::forcedLog(const dcmtk::log4cplus::spi::InternalLoggingEvent &) const': cannot convert argument 3 from 'int' to 'const char *'   C:\DCMTK\include\dcmtk\oflog\tracelog.h   64   
Error   C2665   'dcmtk::log4cplus::Logger::getInstance': none of the 2 overloads could convert all the argument types   C:\DCMTK\include\dcmtk\oflog\logmacro.h   106   
Error   C2589   '(': illegal token on right side of '::'   C:\DCMTK\include\dcmtk\ofstd\oflimits.h   72   
Error   C2059   syntax error: '::'   C:\DCMTK\include\dcmtk\ofstd\oflimits.h   72   
Error   C2589   '(': illegal token on right side of '::'   C:\DCMTK\include\dcmtk\ofstd\oflimits.h   78   
Error   C2059   syntax error: '::'   C:\DCMTK\include\dcmtk\ofstd\oflimits.h   78   
Error   C2678   binary '+': no operator found which takes a left-hand operand of type 'const wchar_t [8]' (or there is no acceptable conversion)   C:\DCMTK\include\dcmtk\oflog\tracelog.h   59   
Error   C2664   'void dcmtk::log4cplus::Logger::forcedLog(const dcmtk::log4cplus::spi::InternalLoggingEvent &) const': cannot convert argument 3 from 'int' to 'const char *'   C:\DCMTK\include\dcmtk\oflog\tracelog.h   59   
Error   C2678   binary '+': no operator found which takes a left-hand operand of type 'const wchar_t [8]' (or there is no acceptable conversion)   C:\DCMTK\include\dcmtk\oflog\tracelog.h   64   
Error   C2664   'void dcmtk::log4cplus::Logger::forcedLog(const dcmtk::log4cplus::spi::InternalLoggingEvent &) const': cannot convert argument 3 from 'int' to 'const char *'   C:\DCMTK\include\dcmtk\oflog\tracelog.h   64   
Error   C2665   'dcmtk::log4cplus::Logger::getInstance': none of the 2 overloads could convert all the argument types   C:\DCMTK\include\dcmtk\oflog\logmacro.h   106   
Error   C2589   '(': illegal token on right side of '::'   C:\DCMTK\include\dcmtk\ofstd\oflimits.h   72   
Error   C2059   syntax error: '::'   C:\DCMTK\include\dcmtk\ofstd\oflimits.h   72   
Error   C2589   '(': illegal token on right side of '::'   C:\DCMTK\include\dcmtk\ofstd\oflimits.h   78   
Error   C2059   syntax error: '::'   C:\DCMTK\include\dcmtk\ofstd\oflimits.h   78   

For example :

tracelog.h
Severity Code Description File Line Suppression State
Error (active) expected an identifier c:\DCMTK\include\dcmtk\ofstd\oflimits.h 72

this is my suggestion
http://prntscr.com/hc2xvt
http://prntscr.com/hc2zoa

but others errors, I can't fix ?

Please, could you check this issues.

Thanks again to Offis team for all support and availability.

PostPosted: Sat, 2017-11-18, 17:41 
DCMTK Developer

Regarding "oflimits.h", you should consider the following patch: http://git.dcmtk.org/?p=dcmtk.git;a=com ... 2b741dc01b

Regarding the other issue(s): are you compiling with UNICODE or _UNICODE defined?

PostPosted: Sun, 2017-11-19, 02:00 

Hi

Thank you for your fast reply.

In fact, after posting this topic, I re-compile and install DCMTK 3.2.6, I repeated all steps, just to ensure that everything is in a good way.

next, I change the new DMTK folder, in my vs2015 project, re-build, and install
now, it seems that problem-related to "oflimits.h", gone, even when I checked this file, I can't find those change, anyway, I applied the patch :)

so, the rest of issues still appeared, comes from "tracelog.h" and "logmacros.h"

I compile with UNICODE

http://prntscr.com/hcact0

Code:
http://prntscr.com/hca57l

Code:
Severity   Code   Description   File   Line   Suppression State

Thank you

PostPosted: Sun, 2017-11-19, 10:13 
DCMTK Developer

As you can read in the INSTALL file, compiling with UNICODE defined is not supported (in fact, it never was):
Quote:
DCMTK does not compile when UNICODE or _UNICODE is defined because the
VisualStudio compiler then uses the Unicode version instead of the ANSI
version for all Windows API functions (i.e. type wchar_t instead of char
for all character string parameters and return values).

PostPosted: Sun, 2017-11-19, 18:41 

Hi

Thank you for your reply.

J. Riesmeier wrote:
As you can read in the INSTALL file, compiling with UNICODE defined is not supported (in fact, it never was):

So, what do you suggest in this case ?

PostPosted: Sun, 2017-11-19, 18:47 
DCMTK Developer

Make sure that the macro UNICODE or _UNICODE is not defined when including a DCMTK header file.

PostPosted: Sun, 2017-11-19, 19:03 

yes, I verified, but always the same files from come error :
tracelog.h and logmacro.h

PostPosted: Sun, 2017-11-19, 19:14 

J. Riesmeier wrote:
Make sure that the macro UNICODE or _UNICODE is not defined when including a DCMTK header file.

MED_G wrote:
yes, I verified, but always the same files from come error :
tracelog.h and logmacro.h

Please check this :

http://prntscr.com/hcimxw

http://prntscr.com/hcio5j

PostPosted: Mon, 2017-11-20, 10:10 

Make sure that project properties->general->character set is set as "Use Multi-Byte Character Set" and not "Use Unicode Character Set"
Hope that helps

PostPosted: Mon, 2017-11-20, 11:12 

Hi Hafiz,

Hafiz Rafeeq wrote:
Make sure that project properties->general->character set is set as "Use Multi-Byte Character Set" and not "Use Unicode Character Set"
Hope that helps

Thank you so much for your help.
I found it as " Not Set"

I checked that with my project, and re-build, but always some errors.

Maybe, I must compile and install DCMTK with your setting?
or just create the project again.

Anyway, I appreciate your time :)

PostPosted: Tue, 2017-11-21, 12:40 

Hello everyone,

I tried with both Visual Studio 2015 and 2017.

Cmake, ALL_BUILD and INSTALL, done without any problem.

Also, I set the parameter as Hafiz said :
Hafiz Rafeeq wrote:
Hope that helps

and
J. Riesmeier wrote:
Regarding "oflimits.h", you should consider the following patch: http://git.dcmtk.org/?p=dcmtk.git;a=com ... 2b741dc01b

Regarding the other issue(s): are you compiling with UNICODE or _UNICODE defined?

Always the same header files from errors come from "tracelog.h" and "logmacros.h"

Any suggestion!

Thank you

PostPosted: Tue, 2017-11-21, 14:44 

Hi,

Example :

there is an error in this function
macros_get_logger (tchar const * logger)
{
return Logger::getInstance (logger);
}

but if I change

#if defined (UNICODE)
typedef wchar_t tchar;
#else

by this update, the error disappeared

#if defined (UNICODE)
typedef char tchar;
#else

even, I switched character set to " Use Multi-byte Character Set ".

Thank you

PostPosted: Tue, 2017-11-28, 17:22 
DCMTK Developer

You could also disable the macro definition (temporarily) when including DCMTK header files:

Code:
#pragma push_macro("_UNICODE")
#undef _UNICODE

#include "dcmtk/dcmdata/dctk.h"

#pragma pop_macro("_UNICODE")