Requesting multiple studies using C-MOVE

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

bnoeafk

Requesting multiple studies using C-MOVE

#1 Post by bnoeafk »

Now, I have to be honest and state that I've not tested this against the newly released 3.6.3, but using 3.6.2, does movescu only support one C-MOVE request per call? I've been using

Code: Select all

movescu -S -aec PACSAET -aet MYAET -aem MYAET -to 5 -ta 5 -td 15 -k "0008,0052=STUDY" -k "0020,000d=1.2.3.4.5" -k "0020,000d=1.3.5.7.9" -k "0020,000d=2.4.6.8.0" PACSIP PACSPORT
to retrieve a couple of studies from PACS to myself, but all I ever get back is just the first study (1.2.3.4.5). As a workaround, I'm now calling movescu multiple times, one for each study, but trying to be as efficient as possible, I would prefer to have it called once and request all of them ...

Thoughts?

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

Re: Requesting multiple studies using C-MOVE

#2 Post by J. Riesmeier »

You should give List of UID Matching a try, i.e. concatenate the individual UIDs as a multi-valued character string (-k 0020,000d="1.2.3.4.5\1.3.5.7.9\2.4.6.8.0", depending on the command shell you might need to duplicate the "\").

Addendum: the correct reference for retrieve (C-MOVE) is probably this one (PS3.4 Section C.4.2.2.1):
The SCU shall supply a single value in the Unique Key Attribute for each level above the Query/Retrieve level. For the level of retrieve, the SCU shall supply a single value for one unique key if the level of retrieve is above the STUDY level and shall supply one UID, or a list of UIDs if a retrieval of several items is desired and the retrieve level is STUDY, SERIES or IMAGE. The SCU shall also supply a move destination. The move destination shall be the DICOM Application Entity Title of a DICOM Application Entity capable of serving as the SCP of the Storage Service Class.

bnoeafk

#3 Post by bnoeafk »

Thank you Herr Riesmeier, sir ... was hoping that there was a simple answer to this, but I couldn't find the delimiter ('\') anywhere online. One crate of beer coming your way! 8)

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

#4 Post by J. Riesmeier »

Thank you for the beer! You can find the definition of how multiple values are stored in the DICOM standard, where else :wink: