How to load a dicom file from a server using DCMTK library

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

vvn

How to load a dicom file from a server using DCMTK library

#1 Post by vvn »

How to retrieve dicom files in a server to a directory in our local machine,if the value of the tag PatientName is a particular string?
That if the dicom file contains a PatientName with value 'vvn' ,I need to retreve it from particular IP to my local machine.
I used movescu for this,but movescu changes the tag PatientName with value vvn.
Is there any option available in DCMTK?

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

Re: How to load a dicom file from a server using DCMTK libra

#2 Post by J. Riesmeier »

If you want to retrieve the DICOM objects of a particular patient and you only know the Patient's Name (0010,0010), then you first have to query for the Patient ID (0010,0020), e.g. using findscu. In a second step, you can use this Patient ID in order to retrieve the DICOM objects with movescu.
I used movescu for this,but movescu changes the tag PatientName with value vvn.
What do you mean by that?

vvn

#3 Post by vvn »

Is there anyway to query recent files from a dicom server using movescu.Also Is there any option to avoid existing files to be overwritten again into the output directory,if we are storing the files queried

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

#4 Post by J. Riesmeier »

Is there anyway to query recent files from a dicom server using movescu.
First of all, with C-MOVE you do not retrieve files but SOP instances. Depending on what you mean by "recent" you have to specify the query keys (when calling findscu).
Also Is there any option to avoid existing files to be overwritten again into the output directory,if we are storing the files queried
No, but this shouldn't matter since movescu uses the SOP Instance UID for generating the filename, so the content of the "new file" (instance) should be identical.