Moderator: Moderator Team

celine18

findscu, movescu, storescu ???

#1 Post by celine18 »

hello!!
I have an application, and i'd like it to:
- find all the "studies" for a given patient whom I know the name
--> for this I use findscu...
- take the images of a study, with the studyID i took from the findscu,and store it in a directory on my computer
--> for this, I don't know if i have to use movescu, storescu or storescp (I didn't understand the differences between them !!!), and I don't know if I need the StudyID or the StudyUID ...

Could someone help me?? please ?!!!

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#2 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

You have to use findscu and movescu. First you determine the list of studies for a given patient with the name, say, "SMITH^JOHN":

Code: Select all

findscu --call CALLEDAE --aetitle MYAE --study -k 0008,0052=STUDY -k "0010,0010=SMITH^JOHN" -k 0020,000D hostname portnumber
Then you select one of the studies (using the Study Instance UID) and download it with the movescu tool:

Code: Select all

movescu --call CALLEDAE --aetitle MYAE --move MYAE --study --port 104 -k 0008,0052=STUDY -k 0020,000D=X.Y.Z hostname portnumber
Note that the application entity titles (--aetitle, --call and --move options) have to be set correctly, and that the image archive must be configures so that it knows which IP address and port number is related to the MOVE application entity title. Of course you have to replace "X.Y.Z" by the Study Instance UID returned by findscu, and port 104 is only an example - use any port on your machine that is not used by any other application (and remember that this is the port that must be configured in the image archive).