Configuration File

Questions regarding the DCMPRINT library, a DCMTK add-on that implements a DICOM Print Management SCP and SCU

Moderator: Moderator Team

santosh

Configuration File

#1 Post by santosh »

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to print a image using tcpprt and tcpsrv commands, what i need to know is , were should i configure my printer (hardware) parameters in the tcpsrv configuration file and what all parameters need to provided so that the
print SCP can build a communication with the printer, and print the images coming form the print SCU i.e tcpprt. Let me know the commands to print a image. I am using binaries provided with the DCMPRINT package for WIndows 32 machine.

Thanks
Santosh S B
Santosh S B

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#2 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

The tcpsrv print server will essentially accept DICOM print jobs over the network (implementing the DICOM Print Management Service Class as an SCP) and will render the print jobs into PostScript files, one file for each print job. You just need to specify a command how to process PostScript files on your local system (and the implementation model assumes that you are using a PostScript printer - there is no support for Windows printer drivers, PCL, ESC/P or other printer languages). In tcpsrv.cfg, look for the section [Spool] - there is an entry named "Command"; by default, this is disabled (commented out). For Windows machines, it typically lookes like this:

Code: Select all

Command = copy \f lpt1 /b
where lpt1 is the printer you are spooling the PostScript code to (this may be a local printer or a network printer mounted with the NET USE command) and \f is replaced by the filename of the PostScript file when the command is actually executed by tcpsrv.

santosh

#3 Post by santosh »

Hi Marco,

I used the following command lines at the SCP and SCU, its creating a .ps(postscript file) in the current directory but am not able to get a hard copy of the image through the printer.

The command lines are

>tcpprt_e.exe --auto 1 --target localhost:3100 1.2.392.200036.9116.2.2.2.1762447137.1034820914.973204.dcm

and

tcpsrv_e.exe -v -d -dhl

and have set the following in the tcpsrv.cfg

Command = copy \f HPLaserJet3055 /b

you mentioned in the last reply that there is no support for the windows drivers is it affecting the same. Let me know if there is any mistake in the command line for SCU and SCP, if there is a mistake then let me know the exact command line to use.

Thanks
Santosh
Santosh S B