Print SCU

Questions regarding the DCMPRINT library, a DCMTK add-on that implements a DICOM Print Management SCP and SCU

Moderator: Moderator Team

Kabini

Print SCU

#1 Post by Kabini »

I have been trying to execute printscu.exe with the parameters given in your help file. I are not sure what parameters to pass to print scu.

Your dcmstorescu.exe has parameters for association with the server. The command line arguments are very clear.

But when I saw the Print scu command line, i could not find parameters for association with the server.

Can you please guide me how I need to create association with SCP using printscu.exe at command line.

Please provide me example of total command line to print an image to the server (Including configuration Parameters, print mode........)

Thanking You,
Kabini

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#2 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

There is no tool called "printscu.exe", neither in DCMPRINT nor in the public DICOM toolkit (DCMTK). The public toolkit contains a print client named "dcmprscu" and the DCMPRINT module has a totally different print client named "tcpprt". Both print clients require a configuration file, which may require changes to correctly describe your print server. In the case of tcpprt, a sample named "tcpprt.cfg" is provided with the DCMPRINT toolkit, in the case of dcmprscu, a sample file named "dcmpstat.cfg" is provided with DCMTK.
  • To print an image file named image.dcm with tcpprt, the command line image.dcm

Code: Select all

tcpprt -c tcpprt.cfg --auto 1 --target hostname:port 
    will do.
  • To print the image with the public toolkit, more steps are necessary. You first need to prepare a print job with the tool "dcmpsprt", then use dcmprscu to "spool" the print job to the printer. The command lines may look like this:

Code: Select all

dcmpsprt -v -c dcmpstat.cfg --printer MYPRINTER image.dcm
    dcmprscu -v -c dcmpstat.cfg --printer MYPRINTER
In the latter case, MYPRINTER refers to the section in the configuration file where the details of the print server are defined. Please also note that, unlinke tcpprt, the public tool will only support grayscale images and grayscale print management.

alang88

print job has not been created crectly!!

#3 Post by alang88 »

After comand line dcmpsprt ,3 files are generated in the dir:database: index.dat\sg*.dcm\hp*.dcm.
But the second comand line does not work!
what 's wrong???
C:\dcmbin>dcmpsprt -v -c dcmpstat.cfg --printer IHEFULL ct.dcm
loading image file 'ct.dcm'
writing DICOM grayscale hardcopy image to database.
writing DICOM stored print object to database.

C:\dcmbin>dcmprscu -v -c dcmpstat.cfg --printer IHEFULL
Printer parameters for 'IHEFULL':
hostname : localhost
port : 104
description : IHE Full Print SCP
aetitle : IHEFULL
max pdu : 32768
timeout : -1
options : none.
12-bit xfer : supported
present.lut : supported
annotation : not supported

Spooler parameters:
mode : printer mode
copies : 0
medium : printer default
destination : printer default
label : printer default
priority : printer default
owner ID : printer default

transport layer security parameters:
TLS : disabled

spooler: no stored print files specified - nothing to do.

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#4 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

Sorry, the command line in my example was incomplete. You have to add the path/filename of the Stored Print file (sp_something.dcm) generated by dcmpsprt.

ecoto

how to specify the image filename(s) in tcpprt ?

#5 Post by ecoto »

Hi Marco,

I was reading the example you wrote for tcpprt in this old post, and I have been trying to use tcpprt exactly in the same way you described. However, I don't see how to specify the filename "image.dcm".

What am I missing ?

Thanks in advance.

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#6 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

The example applies to the print SCU from the base toolkit (DCMTK), not to tcpprt, where you would have to use the -a command line option instead (see tcpprt --help).