How to create stored print objects??

Questions regarding the DCMPRINT library, a DCMTK add-on that implements a DICOM Print Management SCP and SCU

Moderator: Moderator Team

Hernan

How to create stored print objects??

#1 Post by Hernan »

I tryed to find how can I print using the DICOM protocol. Does anyone can help to do this step by step? I try to found about, but only found softwares to buy and purchase, I don´t see any site explain how to print.

I saw in one topic of the group com.protocols.dicom that to use dcmprscu I have to create a *stored print objects*.
So I need to prepare a print job using the dcmpsprt tool, and pass the resulting stored print file on the command line to dcmprscu.
So, my doubt is how to use the dcmpsprt tool to create a "stored print objetcts" and finlally use dcmprscu to print this? What is the extension of a file generate for a "store print objects" ?

If execute this command line (With printers.cfg well-formed)
dcmprscu -c ../etc/printers.cfg -p KODAK /tmp/cr.dcm
don't print the Dicom file into a Dicom print?? Is it really need to create "stored print objetcts"?

Regards (Thanks for any help),

Herna J. Muñoz

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#2 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

The stored print object and the hardcopy grayscale images are created by dcmpsprt. Btw, you could also use DICOMscope in case you prefer a graphical user interface.