White Areas

Questions regarding the DCMPRINT library, a DCMTK add-on that implements a DICOM Print Management SCP and SCU

Moderator: Moderator Team

abbastanza

White Areas

#1 Post by abbastanza »

How can I set tcpsrv to print a standard dicom row/colums page without
having all those white areas between the rows of images ?
ho speso metà dei miei soldi in donne ed alcol. il resto me lo sono sputtanato... (george best)

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#2 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

You cannot avoid the empty areas since the image boxes are scaled according to the size of the page and the given layout (columns and rows). Depending on the width/height ratio of the images there's always some space left. However, you can specify the EmptyImageDensity (density of unused areas within the image box) if you like. This can either be done on the print client or - at least in case of DCMPRINT - on the print server (see config file).

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#3 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

To add to what my collegue already wrote, you cannot totally avoid unused image areas if the images do not completely fill their image boxes, something which depends on the layout, the paper format and the width-to-height ratio of the images. However, there are two parameters that control the distance between the image boxes, and these can be modified for each layout type, in the configuration file tcpsrv.cfg:

Code: Select all

; Distance between images, in pt.
ImageDistance = 15
; Width (in pt) of the trim (border) that can be printed around
; the images on the page.
TrimWidth     = 5