Pre-compiled 64-bit Windows libraries

Compilation and installation of DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

SlavaN

Pre-compiled 64-bit Windows libraries

#1 Post by SlavaN »

Hi,
Have someone pre-compiled 64-bit Windows libraries(libpng-1.2.8, libxml2-2.6.26, openssl-0.9.8a, tiff-3.7.4 zlib-1.2.3) ?
I want to build dcmtk under 64bit, but have some problems width those libraries bilding.
Please send pre-compiled 64-bit Windows libraries snw(at)hotbox(dot)ru

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#2 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

The OFFIS team cannot help you here - we don't have a pre-compiled set of 64-bit Windows libraries. If some forum user does have these libraries available, please step up :)

tcchau

#3 Post by tcchau »

We're currently working on this. So far, I've got zlib compiled for the Windows x64 (AMD) architecture. We will be working on the other libraries as time permits. The next highest priority for us is libxml2. We don't really use libpng, openssl and tiff.

Do you want these as we complete them, or at the end all together?

Clinton Chau

m.sivadhas

#4 Post by m.sivadhas »

tcchau wrote:We're currently working on this. So far, I've got zlib compiled for the Windows x64 (AMD) architecture. We will be working on the other libraries as time permits. The next highest priority for us is libxml2. We don't really use libpng, openssl and tiff.

Do you want these as we complete them, or at the end all together?

Clinton Chau
Dear All,

We are waiting for the 64 bit Windows libraries. Is it available at any other location :?:

Thank you,
Sivadhas Mani

retarder

#5 Post by retarder »

Hi,
is there any location or instruction available now?

Thanks,
retarder

decuser

dcmtk 64 bit build binaries

#6 Post by decuser »

Hello All,

Can anyone share dcmtk 64 bit binaries or is it available in the dcmtk website?

Thanks
decuser

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#7 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

it's not on the website.

Michael

sven

Re: Pre-compiled 64-bit Windows libraries

#8 Post by sven »

Hi all,

This is another request for Windows 7 64-bit binaries. For my own purpose, I only want to make one file:
movescu.exe

I wrote a program (in MATLAB) that uses dump2dcm.exe, findscu.exe, and movescu.exe from the win32 binaries. It seems that the w32 versions of the first two of these will still run fine on a win64 system, however movescu.exe fails with error:
"F: cannot create network: 006:031c TCP Initialization Error"

Unfortunately, I'm a complete beginner using both CMake or MS Visual Studio, so my first few hours today still haven't reached a Visual Studio project with the "Build" menu even available, let alone compiling!

If any kind soul knows how to compile this one executable, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks,
Sven.

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

Re: Pre-compiled 64-bit Windows libraries

#9 Post by J. Riesmeier »

The compilation instructions are contained in the INSTALL file. Other than that, you should make sure that VisualStudio (e.g. 2008 Express) and a recent CMake (version 2.4.8 or above) are installed. As far as I remember, there was an issue with the correct detection of "Win64" in the CMake project files that are shipped with DCMTK 3.6.0, but on the one hand this has been fixed in the snapshot version 3.6.1, and on the other hand it was only apparent in combination with the external libraries like ZLIB, LIBTIFF, etc.