Upgrading to latest snapshot

Compilation and installation of DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

Silvermaul

Upgrading to latest snapshot

#1 Post by Silvermaul »

Hi all,

I just finished compiling the latest dcmtk snapshop because the one I was using before was precompiled with a compiler for which I didn't have the C++ redistributables. In any case to make a long story short I managed to compile DCMTK with /MT options and I am using the same options in my project, however I got the following linker errors in my project :

Code: Select all

Error	1	error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _inflateEnd	dcmdata.lib	DCModifier
Error	2	error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _inflate	dcmdata.lib	DCModifier
Error	3	error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _inflateInit2_	dcmdata.lib	DCModifier
Error	4	error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _inflateInit_	dcmdata.lib	DCModifier
Error	5	error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _deflateEnd	dcmdata.lib	DCModifier
Error	6	error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _deflate	dcmdata.lib	DCModifier
Error	7	error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _deflateInit2_	dcmdata.lib	DCModifier
The libraries included before dcmdata.lib are these :

Code: Select all

ofstd.lib
oflog.lib
charls.lib
ijg8.lib
ijg12.lib
ijg16.lib
libi2d.lib
NETAPI32.LIB
WSOCK32.LIB
dcmdata.lib
I have read FAQ 26 and 27 and I have added all the libraries. I don't know what else I need to add to make this work. Any suggestions? I am using MSVS 2008 SP1.

Any ideas?

Regards

Stefanos

Silvermaul

#2 Post by Silvermaul »

I removed support for xml,zlib,ssl, etc and it worked. Apparently to use those libraries you need to add some more libraries but since I don't use them I can live without them :)

In any case if you happen to solve this problem let me know :)

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#3 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

Updated Windows support libraries for the develpment snapshot are also available on the ftp server.