build dcmtk on ubuntu

Compilation and installation of DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

matteo

build dcmtk on ubuntu

#1 Post by matteo »

Hi all,
I'm facing some troubles building dcmtk on ubuntu-14.04.1-desktop-amd64 installed on a virtual box VM.

During the configuration everything seem to be ok while when I run the make command, I get the following error:

../../ofstd/include/dcmtk/ofstd/ofoset.h:149:34: error: ‘Resize’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
Resize( this->size * 2 );
^
../../ofstd/include/dcmtk/ofstd/ofoset.h:149:34: note: declarations in dependent base ‘OFSet<OFString>’ are not found by unqualified lookup
../../ofstd/include/dcmtk/ofstd/ofoset.h:149:34: note: use ‘this->Resize’ instead
../../ofstd/include/dcmtk/ofstd/ofoset.h: In instantiation of ‘void OFOrderedSet<T>::InsertAt(const T&, unsigned int) [with T = OFString]’:
wlfsim.cc:2153:1: required from here
../../ofstd/include/dcmtk/ofstd/ofoset.h:192:36: error: ‘Resize’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
Resize( this->size * 2 );
^
../../ofstd/include/dcmtk/ofstd/ofoset.h:192:36: note: declarations in dependent base ‘OFSet<OFString>’ are not found by unqualified lookup
../../ofstd/include/dcmtk/ofstd/ofoset.h:192:36: note: use ‘this->Resize’ instead
make[2]: *** [wlfsim.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/matteo/Downloads/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmwlm/libsrc'
make[1]: *** [libsrc-all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/matteo/Downloads/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmwlm'
make: *** [dcmwlm-all] Error 2

Any help?

Thanks,

Matteo

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

Re: build dcmtk on ubuntu

#2 Post by J. Riesmeier »

Did you check whether your compiler (version) is supported by DCMTK 3.6.0 (which is from January 2011)? I guess that you're using a newer version of gcc... so I would recommend that you give the latest DCMTK snapshot a try.

PS: Some of your compiler issues were solved with this commit (back in November 2011).