a problem when I compile DCMTK including support library

Compilation and installation of DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

Zhang9515

a problem when I compile DCMTK including support library

#1 Post by Zhang9515 »

Hi, I meet a problem when I compile DCMTK including support library (MT)( such as openssl etc. ).

As the picture one shows, I have already configured the cmake(3.6.2) and have generated the .sln. But I failed when compile the code in VS2015 X64 Community. Part of tens of errors are shown in picture two.

How can I solve this problem?
Thank you in advance !

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

Re: a problem when I compile DCMTK including support library

#2 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

I think you can ignore the first error for now (the one during CMake configuration).

The other one looks like the zlib library is not found at the specified path.

Do you used the zlib binaries from the [url=fttp://dicom.offis.de/pub/dicom/offis/software/dcmtk/dcmtk360/support/dcmtk-3.6.0-win32-i386-support_MT.zip]support lib package[/url] from dcmtk.org? They are built for 32 bit, while you are compiling in 64 bit mode, maybe that is also an issue.

Best regards,
Michael

Zhang9515

#3 Post by Zhang9515 »

Michael Onken wrote:Hi,

I think you can ignore the first error for now (the one during CMake configuration).

The other one looks like the zlib library is not found at the specified path.

Do you used the zlib binaries from the [url=fttp://dicom.offis.de/pub/dicom/offis/software/dcmtk/dcmtk360/support/dcmtk-3.6.0-win32-i386-support_MT.zip]support lib package[/url] from dcmtk.org? They are built for 32 bit, while you are compiling in 64 bit mode, maybe that is also an issue.

Best regards,
Michael
Thank you for your reply! I'm a senior student and newly touch with this field. I have changed the mode into 32 bit and that works. But when test the EXE in console, problem exists. I want to use +tls option in storescp but it shows unknown option ( shown below) .

I wonder whether it is necessary to cut the suffix of the file in the support library, like ' dcmtkeay_d.lib ' to ' dcmtkeay.lib '
In addition, why there is a ' bin ' folder ( which has contained exe and dll ) in directory of openssl-1.0.0c? Does that make conflicts with .lib file ?( I mean the compile way between MD and MT )

Zhang9515

#4 Post by Zhang9515 »

Finally, I have made it with an incredible way. I compile the code in MDd module with MT support library. Though that will exist error LNK2026, I solve it with the help of search engine. I can't believe that works.

The problem is caused mostly by the incompatibility between DCMTK3.6.0 and Cmake GUI. What shows on the panel of Cmake doesn't match the cmakelist in DCMTK. That may be the case, I guess.

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#5 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

happy you made it ;) Not sure your problem analysis is correct but anyway, the result is what counts.

Best,
Michael