How can I use findscu for a query with the query/retrieve service?
Here is an example: using findscu to query an image from a query/retrieve SCP using the patient root information model:
findscu -v -P -k 0008,0052="IMAGE" -k 0010,0020="300019" -k 0020,000D="18.104.22.168" -k 0020,000E="22.214.171.124" -k 0008,0018="126.96.36.199" localhost 104
- -v runs the application in verbose mode
- -P specifies to use the patient root information model
- -k 0008,0052="IMAGE" tells the application that you are querying on image level (i.e. for an image)
- -k 0010,0020="300019" is the patient ID of the patient in question (unique key on patient level)
- -k 0020,000D="188.8.131.52" is the study instance uid of the study in question (unique key on study level)
- -k 0020,000E="184.108.40.206" is the series instance uid of the series in question (unique key on series level)
- -k 0008,0018="220.127.116.11" is the sop instance uid of the image in question (unique key on image level)
- localhost is the machine the query/retrieve SCP is running on
- 104 is the port the query/retrieve SCP is listening to.
Note that when you are querying on a certain query level (attribute 0008,0052 set to either PATIENT, STUDY, SERIES or IMAGE), you have
to specify all unique keys of levels which are above this level; e.g. on image level, you have to specify a patient id, a study instance uid and a series instance uid to denote the patient/study/series you are referring to, and of course you have to finally provide a sop instance uid to specify the image you are looking for.