Print SCP

All other questions regarding DICOMscope

Moderator: Moderator Team

Gurikar

Print SCP

#1 Post by Gurikar »

HI,
I am having DICOMScope application(Java). I want to use it as Print SCP? How do i go? What all the configurations i need to set?

Regards

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#2 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

Read the user manual. Everything you need to know should be explained there.

Gurikar

PrintSCP

#3 Post by Gurikar »

HI,
I read the manual and also dicomscope.cfg file. In the printSCP settings,
there is no calling AE title setting. Does it accept all print request from any client printSCU. My printSCU implements Basic GrayScale presentation meta SOP class. Iam not able print request to dicomscope printSCP.

Regards

Gurikar

PrintSCP

#4 Post by Gurikar »

Yes, Iam able to send print request to dicomScope printSCP. Iam using printsCU which implements only basic grayscale PM meta SOP class(not Stored print SOP class), but whenever i send N-ACTION(print) it creates one Stored Print Series? What does it mean? Anyway Thank you.
DicomScope is really good...Great..

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#5 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

DICOMscope will not create real hardcopies on a real printer. The Print SCP component in DICOMscope will store incoming print jobs as Stored Print and Hardcopy Grayscale images. The stored print objects can be loaded into the DICOMscope print preview panel and will show you on screen how the hardcopy would look alike on a real printer. We do not plan to add support to "real" printing to DICOMscope.

Gurikar

PrintSCP

#6 Post by Gurikar »

Thank you marco,
You mean to say DICOM Print SCP(DICOM printer) will process Print SCU request and creates Store Print Object for each film box and Hard Images for each image box and send these to real printer to print. Is it that way? I read about stored print HC IODs in PS 3.3, but i realy didnt find explanations where they are used. Thank you.

Regards

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#7 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

No. A DICOM Print SCP (DICOM printer) will receive and process Print SCU requests and will do something. This something is not mandated by the DICOM standard, but of course most printers will produce some kind of hardcopy. Our Print SCP will not, instead it will create and store certain objects in the database that later allow to create a softcopy "emulation" of the hardcopy requested in the Print SCU request. What exactly the Print SCP does, and which types of files it creates, is totally implementation specific and this is just how we have decided to do it.

Gurikar

#8 Post by Gurikar »

Thank you marco,
What Stored Print IOD and HC GrayScale IOD in PS 3.3 are meant for?
I thought they are used by print SCP(all DICOM printers). Are they get used in any other cases??

Regards