delete images and multistation configuration

All other questions regarding DICOMscope

Moderator: Moderator Team

noam

delete images and multistation configuration

#1 Post by noam »

1. is there a function in dicomscope that when i send dicom store i get only the tags of the image
or the images (database) are cleaned by themselfs ever sometime
so i could send a lot of images before i run out of space

2. i copied the configuration code of the "RECEIVE_1" so i configured another port 3005 and send images to the 2 port (10004 and 3005) one after the other but the get the last study writen over the first study

3.how to activet the auto refresh
in some cases i send an image and if i dont press refresh the image is not received

thank you
________
FREE JOOMLA THEMES
________
Irritable bowel syndrome advice
Last edited by noam on Thu, 2011-02-17, 19:33, edited 2 times in total.

noam

Re: delete images and multistation configuration

#2 Post by noam »

noam wrote:1. is there a function in dicomscope that when i send dicom store i get only the tags of the image
or the images (database) are cleaned by themselfs ever sometime
so i could send a lot of images before i run out of space

2. i copied the configuration code of the "RECEIVE_1" so i configured another port 3005 and send images to the 2 port (10004 and 3005) one after the other but the get the last study writen over the first study

3.how to activet the auto refresh
in some cases i send an image and if i dont press refresh the image is not received

4.does dicomscope support storage commitment and if so how?

thank you
________
Volcano digital review
________
Vapir no2
Last edited by noam on Thu, 2011-02-17, 19:34, edited 2 times in total.

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#3 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

To respond to your questions,
  • There is no function that would automatically delete images received or remove the pixel data. Harddisks are cheap these days :wink:
  • DICOM images contain unique identifiers identifying the study, series and instance they belong to. The database in DICOMscope will not allow any instance to exist twice. If two objects are sent to the archive, and they have the same unique identifier, then they are the same objects by the very rules of the DICOM standard, and DICOMscope will silently remove the old object and replace by the new one (or vice versa, don't remember for sure).
  • Hmmm.... that either works or it doesn't, there is nothing you could configure. Possibly a bug in DICOMscope. Which version are you using, and which operating system?
  • No, no storage commitment supported. DICOMscope is not a PACS.