Win32 Path Reference Issues

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

Genghis86

Win32 Path Reference Issues

#1 Post by Genghis86 »

I would like to bring 2 minor issues to your attention:
  1. LIBPATH in .dsp files (for MSVC++) references paths without the use of quotation marks, which causes MSDEV not to display them in the GUI tabs. While this is does not affect compilation itself, it makes it difficult to change the paths of several projects at once. MSDEV has the facilities that will automatically handle multiple LIBPATH directives when several projects are being adjusted at once, and makes it very easy to make any changes. However, it is a pain otherwise.
    So simply it is required to change:

Code: Select all

LIBPATH:../../zlib-1.2.1/lib
    to:
    LIBPATH:"../../zlib-1.2.1/lib"
  2. Is it possible to reference zlib and other dependent libraries without the use of version codes in directory? I have upgraded to zlib-1.2.3, DLL version, and replaced all the required includes and libraries, however it is still misleading that all the project reference "zlib-1.2.1".

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#2 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

Concerning the missing quotation marks, I will add an entry into our to-do-list and see if this can be changed. This depends on whether or not this is possible with CMake, however.
Concerning the version numbering in directory names, this is one of the reasons why we are using CMake as a build system (see the INSTALL file for details) - CMake allows you to change the directory name once and automatically re-generate all dsp and dsw files (or sln files for newer releases of Visual Studio).