PS Display Shutter

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

Alexander Fedotov

PS Display Shutter

#1 Post by Alexander Fedotov »

More questions about Presentation State.

There can be 3 shutters in a PS file.
1) How to switch them in DICOMscope after the PS file has been applied?
2) I could not find how to do the same in DCMTK.

Best Regards,
Alexander.

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#2 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

Actually there can either be a bitmap shutter (and no vector shutters) or up to three vector shutters, which are not mutually exclusive but can be combined - one rectangular, one circular, one polygonal line. There are dialog elements (buttons) in DICOMscope somewhere (sorry, I'm reading this from at home and don't have access to an installed DICOMscope here) that allow you to create/delete each of the shutter elements (except for bitmap shutters which can be displayed but not edited or created).

In DCMTK, you will find an API to create, update and read the vector data for the vector shutters, but no code to actually "burn" that into a bitmap. In DICOMscope, this is done in the Java layer of the software.

Alexander Fedotov

Shutters

#3 Post by Alexander Fedotov »

[quote="Marco Eichelberg"]
up to three vector shutters, which are not mutually exclusive
but can be combined
[/quote]

That's I missed, thank you for the explanation!

[quote="Marco Eichelberg"]
In DCMTK, you will find an API to create, update and read the vector data for the vector shutters, but no code to actually "burn" that into a bitmap. In DICOMscope, this is done in the Java layer of the software.
[/quote]

Actually, I am going to implement PS applying in my (Elektron) MiniViewer. This information is helpfull for me too.

P.S. I have implemented window center and width changing according your piece of advice :)