C-Move - Association Problem

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

nedunuri

C-Move - Association Problem

#1 Post by nedunuri »

I wrote an application to Query/Retrieve data from Dicom Server. I just followed the code in movescu application. Only difference is that the application does not terminate after data is retrieved and can be used again.

When I try to retrieve data, first time the application works fine without any problem. If I try the same again, then the application hangs. selectReadable method always returns zero as ASC_associationWaiting and ASC_selectReadableAssociation return false. I have to kill the application and the server log status that association failed.

If I start the application afresh, every thing works fine. But I cannot use application more than once.

Do you guys have any idea what could be going wrong?
Please help me.
Thanks and Regards
Ravi Kumar

phm

same problem

#2 Post by phm »

Hello

Could anybody please help me with this problem? It happens to me very often.

Thanks

st80rules

#3 Post by st80rules »

I asked this very same question recently, see this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=1481&sid=0f3773461dec41 ... 29a06d95a5

Normand

phm

#4 Post by phm »

Thanks, Norm.
Did you make it work by using each time a new association? Is that the best approach?
It should be documented in the server's DICOM conformance statement, how long an open association is maintained by the server when no DIMSE-commands are received.
Personally I don't fully agree with this, since I have to query a lot of PACS, without knowing too much about them.

st80rules

#5 Post by st80rules »

yes, this is how it works now. A new association is used every time I need to go to the PACS. I don't know if it's the best approach, maybe only creating an association when the existing one fails would be better.

Normand

phm

#6 Post by phm »

Thanks a lot, Normand