problem in compiling dcmtk in LINUX

Compilation and installation of DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

sivasankari

problem in compiling dcmtk in LINUX

#1 Post by sivasankari »

hi all,
i get the following errors while compiling dcmtk(version-3.5.3) using the gcc compiler version 3.4.2

"In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.2/../../../../include/c++/3.4.2/backward/iostream.h:31,
from /user/dcmtk/ofstd/include/ofstream.h:63,
from /user/dcmtk/ofstd/include/ofstring.h:70,
from /user/dcmtk/ofstd/include/ofcond.h:39,
from /user/dcmtk/dcmdata/include/dcerror.h:38,
from /user/dcmtk/dcmdata/include/dcswap.h:39,
from /user/dcmtk/dcmdata/include/dctk.h:41
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.2/../../../../include/c++/3.4.2/backward/backward_warning.h:32:2: warning: #warning This file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header. Please consider using one of the 32 headers found in section 17.4.1.2 of the C++ standard. Examples include substituting the <X> header for the <X.h> header for C++ includes, or <iostream> instead of the deprecated header <iostream.h>. To disable this warning use -Wno-deprecated."

kindly help me out.
shankari

dhaval

#2 Post by dhaval »

hi sivasankari,
This is very descriptive warning.its says what the problem is...
Its just a warning.i guess you can ignore it or upgrade your compiler..
Jst my 2 cents
Dhaval

anba
DCMTK Tester

#3 Post by anba »

Hello,

DCMTK can be used with the "old" standard includes (STL) headers which are in xxx.h (e.g. iostream.h) or the new ANSI C++ standard includes in xxx (e.g. iostream).

As far as I know the ANSI C++ headers are used as default if they are found. If not use --enable-std-includes and this warning should be go away.

Please make sure that you use the headers consistent in your progam, i.e. only the ANSI C++ headers or only the old headers. Do not mix them since in some compiler implementations they lead to different incompatible library functions. That creates crashes of the program that are very difficult to find. This problem exists with all versions of MSVC. It does not exist with old versions of the gcc compiler (2.95.3). I never tried with gcc 3.4.x versions.

Andreas

anba
DCMTK Tester

#4 Post by anba »

Hello again,

In my last post forgot to mention that the --enable-std-includes is an option of the configure script.

Andreas
Andreas Barth