Design the database of dicom

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

Design the database of dicom

#1 Post by 151706061 »

Hi

I have a question about dicom database,
One i want to FileSystem and tables of SQL server 2005 as dicom database, By sql server 2005 table to determine where the file system inside the patient folder, study folders and folders series
Two i want to I would like to dicom images stored in a database table

please

would you tell me which is good ?

Thank you very much!

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#2 Post by Michael Onken »

Dear number,

Sorry, your question is difficult to understand and has nothing to do with DMCTK. If you want to know whether you should store DICOM images/objects inside the table or inside the filesystem (and only links to that in the database): I think that's a question of taste, but from my knowledge most companies only store links to the file locations in the database (which is option 1 in your question).

Best regards,
Michael

#3 Post by 151706061 »

Michael Onken wrote:Dear number,

Sorry, your question is difficult to understand and has nothing to do with DMCTK. If you want to know whether you should store DICOM images/objects inside the table or inside the filesystem (and only links to that in the database): I think that's a question of taste, but from my knowledge most companies only store links to the file locations in the database (which is option 1 in your question).

Best regards,
Michael

Thank you very much , Michael
I have a question about dicom database,
One i want to FileSystem and tables of SQL server 2005 as dicom database, By sql server 2005 table to determine where the file system inside the patient folder, study folders and folders series
Two i want to I would like to dicom images stored in a database table For example, oracle 11g database solutions for health care

I do not know of the pacs, his database is how to design the system, when the design pacs database which, when put into practical use, I have the above two pacs database design, from the database, read and write speed, the amount of future maintenance costs To consider, I have the above two pacs database design, Which one is better?
Thank you for your answer.
Thank you very much!

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#4 Post by Michael Onken »

If I understand you correctly then I would say it is just a matter of taste! (see also my last post)

Regards,
Michael

#5 Post by 151706061 »

Michael Onken wrote:If I understand you correctly then I would say it is just a matter of taste! (see also my last post)

Regards,
Michael

Thank you very much!
I also think so.