Problem in updating DICOMDIR with existing records

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

deepak.bme

Problem in updating DICOMDIR with existing records

#1 Post by deepak.bme »

Hi ,

I am trying to update a DICOMDIR with existing records in which referenced files patient information(eg. Patient Name) got changed .I am using DicomDirInterface 's updateDicomDir(app_Profile,dicomdirPath) API to do that.Is there any thing else I need to do to reflect Patient Information changes to updated DicomDir.

Thanks in Advace

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

Re: Problem in updating DICOMDIR with existing records

#2 Post by J. Riesmeier »

Do both DICOM files share the same SOP instance UID but have different filenames? This will not work.
I just tested various scenarios with dcmgpdir --update (+U), and it worked like expected.

deepak.bme

#3 Post by deepak.bme »

yes..Both the files had same SOP Instance UID.It works fine ,if I change the SOP Instance UID.
Is it mandatory to change SOP Instace UID of a Image if we edit some demographic information of an Image ??

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

#4 Post by J. Riesmeier »

yes..Both the files had same SOP Instance UID.It works fine ,if I change the SOP Instance UI
It should also work if you use the same SOP Instance UID and the same filename (file ID).
Is it mandatory to change SOP Instace UID of a Image if we edit some demographic information of an Image ??
No, the DICOM standard is rather vague on this: it is only expected if the modification affects professional interpretation of the image.