Using With /CLR in .NET

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

veryhotsauasge

Using With /CLR in .NET

#1 Post by veryhotsauasge »

Hi,

I'm trying to use the DiComImage Class to read in a DICOM image and display it in a C++ .NET Form using VC 2005. I get link errors. If I compile without using managed code, it works.

Please let me know if anyone has tried to write a wrapper for the DicomImage Class for the .NET Framework.

Thanks

youngn

#2 Post by youngn »

We've actually been working on an .NET viewer (to be made available as open source in April) and we've successfully managed to wrap parts of DCMTK in C# (in particular, parts of dcmdata and dcmnet). So far, we're able to load and view images, perform C-ECHOs and C-FINDs directly from managed code. We used SWIG (www.swig.org) to generate the wrappers. Unfortunately, as straightforward as it may sound to use an automated wrapper generator, it can get quite complicated and it took us a few weeks to do it (we're still working on it). I'd send you code for it, but unfortunately, because it's part of a large source tree with a number of dependencies, it's a bit difficult at this time. Perhaps you can wait until April? :)

Norman

DD

#3 Post by DD »

I need a .NET (managed) class implementation for reading and writing part-10 files (only). I initially thought of writing a wrapper myself, but then I saw this post. If it is relatively straightforward to do, I'd appreciate an early release of classes that support this functionality. If not, I guess I'll wait until April.

Thanks for sharing your work!

youngn

#4 Post by youngn »

Tell you what, if you email me at

norman at clearcanvas dot ca

I'll see if I can get you (or anyone else who's interested) something earlier (no guarantees though) . Besides, we wouldn't mind someone trying it out and telling us what they think.

Norman

tedwyer

#5 Post by tedwyer »

I am definitely interested. Can you send me an early copy?
TIA
Tom Dwyer

jph2667

also like a copy

#6 Post by jph2667 »

I would also like to see a copy of your work if possible.

reachmuraly

.NET Viewer based dcmtk

#7 Post by reachmuraly »

Hi youngn,

Hope now you have working .NET viewer with all these wrappers.I am very much interested to know about your .NET viewer based on dcmtk.Please provide me all the details

Cheers
Muraly

tedwyer

#8 Post by tedwyer »

Hi,
The application is called ClearCanvas. Go to their web site for complete info including source code:

www.clearcanvas.ca

Tom