replacing our system with offis

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

jph2667

replacing our system with offis

#1 Post by jph2667 »

My current goal is to replace the image data that my existing system retrieves from a DICOM file and replace it with the image data that the offis toolkit retrieves.

I have tried to use
image->getOutputData(data,fileByteSizewidth*height*slices*bands*sizeof(T), 8,1));
where

image :: dicomimage
data is a buffer of type unsigned short*
the next group is the size of the buffer
8 is the bits sampled
1 is the frame

Is there some other method or class i should make use of? or could i be approaching the solution in the wrong way?

jph2667

using getOutput(0,0,0) now - all colours are negative

#2 Post by jph2667 »

getMinMaxValues() returns 0 for min and 1570 for max, how do i apply them to the image?

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#3 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

First of all, it would be really helpful if you could describe what you intend to do.

jph2667

sorry

#4 Post by jph2667 »

i appologize

The goal is to have the image displayed in a dicom view application using the algorithms provided by the dicom offis toolkit.

Currently every pixel provided by our algorithm is an array with numerical values of each pixel. I believe that the toolkit is done in the same manner, however currently the values returned with the toolkit are extremely negative numbers (such as -32232). However when i add the most negative number to each pixel value (for loop) - the image displays correctly with my existing program.

getMinMaxValues() returns 0 for min and 1570 for max, how do i apply them to the image?

What i meant to ask was when i use that function, I get numbers typical of those that are displayable. I would like to set every number in the array to values between those two points. Is there any way to use that number range with values returned with

getOutputData(0,0,0)

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#5 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

I still do not really understand what you're describing. getOutputData() never returns signed pixel data. In case you want to specify a VOI window, please use one of the methods provided for this purpose (e.g. setMinMaxWindow).

There's also a simple example in the documentation of module "dcmimgle".