writepluginformat for Tiff plugin not working on windows?

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

markm72homeruns

writepluginformat for Tiff plugin not working on windows?

#1 Post by markm72homeruns »

I have opened a file with fopen(name,"wb"); and then call writePluginFormat using the DiTiffPlugin and it fails calling TIFFFDOpen. The same calss in the same order work fine on the mac.

Any Ideas?

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#2 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

Have you possibly tried to create an LZW compressed TIFF file, and one libtiff is compiled with LZW support and the other one is not?

markm72homeruns

#3 Post by markm72homeruns »

looked at this again and this is not the problem, does this work for you?

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#4 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

There seems to be problem with the libtiff support on Windows indeed. This is something that seems to have been broken somewhere between DCMTK 3.5.3 and DCMTK 3.5.4, or possibly in the newer version of libtiff that we're using with DCMTK 3.5.4 (actually the DiTiffPlugin code has not changed between the two releases, so I rather suspect an incompatible API change or a bug in libtiff). I will add a note to our to-do-list but cannot promise when exactly we have the time to fix this.

markm72homeruns

#5 Post by markm72homeruns »

Thanks, just wanted to make sure I was not doing something wrong, will it work if I go back to the previous version of libtiff do you know?

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#6 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

I have not tried, but would suspect that going back to the libtiff version used in DCMTK 3.5.3 should work because we did not change a single line of source code in DiTiffPlugin which is the only class that actually uses libtiff, and in DCMTK 3.5.3 the TIFF export definitly works on Windows.