Print parameters

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

guy

Print parameters

#1 Post by guy »

Hello all, my Print SCU is about to work correctly but it stays some details which don't success, so I require your help.

My print SCU converts a Bitmap image to a SCapture Dicom File and creates Hardcopy and Stored Print using the DCMTK. All work fine.

The problem occurs when I transmit the Print Job to the Print SCP (dicomscope), indeed, when i set some parameters like TRIM, Magnification... the getImageReference function returns EC_IllegalCall.

In the dicomscope interface, I only have my Stored Print and HG of my print SCU and the parameters I have set are correclty referenced so where is the problem when I transmit them to the Print SCP ?? What is funny, is when I set orientation, the problem doesn't occur... !

Another question is about Number of Copies and Priority, even if I set these parameters, they stay at their default values (copies : 1, priority : default)...

Have an happy New and Year!
sylvain

guy

Print Paramaeters

#2 Post by guy »

Just a modication about the topic posted today, it is not the GetImageReferenceFunction which not success, but the PrintScuCreateBasicFilmSession, and only cause of the set of TRIM...

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#3 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

Did you check whether the SCP supports TRIM?

What does the debug/verbose mode report?

guy

Print Parameters

#4 Post by guy »

The Print Scp is the Dicomscope's print SCP, so if I have well read the configuration file, it shall support trim, decimate crop...

I have errors when I set parameters for :

- trim
- decimate/crop
- max density
- min density

whereas i have no problem with orientation, illumination, reflection, copies, session label...

About my question about Copies (number of), i noticed that this is no permitted in print mode (only spool) ! I understand why when it is the priority but not with the number of copies ! So how to print 5 same film sessions or film boxes in print mode whitout repeat 5 times the same operation ?

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#5 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

If the creation of the basic film session instance fails as soon as you enable trim, decimate/crop or min/max density, something is wrong with the film session N-CREATE-RQ message, you should be able to check that using the --dump option in the Print SCP. All of these attributes are defined for the basic film box, not for the basic film session, and since the film box is always created after the film session, the cannot affect the creation of the film session instance unless something is wrong with the protocol.

The reason why some attributes (such as NumberOfCopies or PrintPriority) are treated in a special way is that a Stored Print object only stores an object hierarchy with one basic film box as the root object. This means that the attributes of the basic film session cannot be stored in a Stored Print object. All of these attributes are read by DCMTK's spooler tool (dcmprscu) either from a command line option or, in spool mode, from the text file that contains the commands that trigger the "spool" operation.

guy

Print parameters

#6 Post by guy »

Hello, I hope you have finished the year 2004 in the better way.

I just try the dcmprscp with the dump option as Marco said me.

The dump option says me that the problem occurs for Basic Film Box N-CREATE RSP, saying me

dataset : none
DIMSE Status : 0x0105 : No such attribute.

The test I try for having this result is to set MinDensity to 220 with no success...

guy

Print parameters solved and reflection

#7 Post by guy »

I think I have solved my problem re-testing with the command lines of DCMTK which give me the same errors.

If I set min-density or trim mode with the dcmpsprt command line, no problem, HG and SPrint Object are created but if I send them with dcmprscu to the Printer (dcmprscp), there is a problem of creation of the basic film box, so it's exactly what occurs with my print SCU.

I think options are ok for Print SCU, but wrong for Print SCP (for example, I haven't noticed anything about min density in Dicomscope.cfg)...

Finally, tell me if I'm true, I think the success of these options depends on the Print SCP supports or no them...

A last question before let you in peace, can you tell me what is served to release the association with the print SCP :

result = printHandler.releaseAssociation(); in the SpoolStoredPrintFile function ?

because, with my print SCU, the dcmprscp command line finishes with the deletion of PresentationLUTSOPClass, but I haven't message confirming me the association is release whereas with your command lines (dcmprscu), I have it...