Create a Stored Print Object

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

guy

#1 Post by guy »

the question number 3 is :

- I create for the moment some items I put in a DcmSequenceOfItems for DCM_FilmBoxContentSequence and when I simulate to send the Stored Print to a printer with dcmprscu, I have this error.

you probably correct it.

guy

Create a Stored print Object

#2 Post by guy »

Hello, I have managed to create manually an HardCopy (Grayscale and Color), and i would like now to create a Stored Print Object for this HardCopy.

I use DCMTK functions and attributes to do this (DcmSequenceOfItems and DcmItem) to affect the value of the tags.

But I have problems :
1- to understand the different UID in the Stored Print (are the same of the HardCopy or no ?)

2- How to create a DcmSequenceOfItems in another DcmSequenceOfItems, it is necessary for DCM_ImageBoxContentSequence whih contains DCM_ReferencedImageSequence.

3- I create for the moment some items I put in a DcmSequenceOfItems for DCM_FilmBoxContentSequence and when I simulate to send the Stored Print to a printer with dcmprscu, I have this error :

error : found FilmBoxContentSequence in Stored Print with a number of items != 1

I don't know how to put different tags in a same item...

please help!

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#3 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

1) I don't know which UIDs you mean but the Stored Print IOD is described in part 3 of the DICOM standard - just read it.

2) There are many examples in the DCMTK showing how to create nested sequences. You could even use the helper function DcmItem::findOrCreateSequenceItem(). Please note that the class DcmDataset is derived from DcmItem.

3) Your Stored Print object is apparently invalid, i.e. the Film Box Content Sequence is probably empty!?

guy

#4 Post by guy »

I have managed to create my Stored Print Object and I succeed in spoolstoredprint it.

In fact, in this function, it calls getfilename to access database giving the uid of series, study and instance to get the filename of the hardcopy, and I don't work with a database file (as index.dat in dcmtk).

My question was, what are the UIDs of my hardcopy I must reinject (put) in my Stored print, for example studyinstanceUID ?

Another question is about to print color hardcopies because I Have succeeded in generating them, and viewing with dicomeye.
The problem is that the dcmprscu doesn't implement the color print management, i work without presentation state, it's simple a secondary capture true color i convert in hardcopy color, what are the etaps I must follow and the functions to rewrite.

thanks a lot for all