Dicomscope Print SCP and Layout

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

guy

Dicomscope Print SCP and Layout

#1 Post by guy »

Hello, I will soon finish my pratice and before I must terminate some points, so if you can help me, it will be great.

2 questions :

1)the StoredPrintObject is defined as a private member in the DVInterface class, and I want to encapsulate this class to allow the implementation of Basic Color Image Box (for example the function read of the DVPStoredPrint class must be redefine to allow RGB Photometric Interpretation).
So, the problem is that in your dcmprscu command line, you use the getPrintHandler function of the DVInterface class to return you a reference on the Stored Print Object, and the problem is that it is a private member and the function getprintHandler must return a DVPStoredPrint so how to do ?
I would like to create a new class CEncapsulationStoredPrint which derived for DVPStoredPrint and contains the functions which must be modified as read...

2) The second question is about the dicomscope print scp support of layout, indeed I have managed to create a stored print object with various references of harcopies and it runs well, but when I transmit the stored print to the print scp, I have this error "unable to create basic film box", and I have tried to do the same thing using the dcmpsprt with various dcm files and dcmprscu the stored print object resulting and I have the same error. So does the dicomscope print scp support a layout different of 1/1 in the dcmtk implementation.

thanks!

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#2 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

Regarding the layout question: yes, both DICOMscope and the DCMTK Print Management implementation support other standard layouts than "1\1". The list of supported layouts has to be configured in the corresponding configuration file (e.g. "DICOMscope.cfg") though.

guy

Layout and Stored Print

#3 Post by guy »

For my second question, I have changed the displayformat in dicomscope.cfg but I still have the error "unable to create basic film box" using the dicomscope print scp, whereas using Jdicom Print Server GUI, i haven't error but I can't see the result.

remark : i set two grayscale image box in my basic film box and i use display format "STANDARD\\1,2" which is supported by the dicomscope print scp afet looking the dicomscope.cfg file and changing the value of display format to "1\2"

PS: Have you got any idea for my first question about getting the reference of the Stored Print Object of the DVInterface class ?

guy

DVPSStored Print and layout

#4 Post by guy »

Thanks Jorg, I have managed to send a print job with various images to the dicomscope and to view them.

I still have the problem of DVPStoredPrint, maybe it's a question for Marco but if you could give me a solution, don't hesitate!

Below, my problem :

the StoredPrintObject is defined as a private member in the DVInterface class, and I want to encapsulate this class to allow the implementation of Basic Color Image Box (for example the function Read of the DVPStoredPrint class must be redefine to allow RGB Photometric Interpretation).
So, the problem is that in your dcmprscu command line, you use the getPrintHandler function of the DVInterface class to return you a reference on the Stored Print Object (which is a private member).
The function getprintHandler must return a DVPStoredPrint so how to do so that it returns a reference on another class derived form DVPStoredPrint, I explain me below:

I would like to create a new class CEncapsulationStoredPrint which derived for DVPStoredPrint and contains the functions which must be modified such as Read, for the N_SET...