Presentation State, Presentation LUT...

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

guy

Presentation State, Presentation LUT...

#1 Post by guy »

Hello, I have some questions about Presentation State and Presentation LUT in the case of printing.

First, if I I have well read and understood the NEMA PS3.3, the Presentation LUT is applied to Grayscale Image to convert values in P-Values, but what about the Color Images ? No Presentation LUT requested I think but anything else for playing its role ?

And about the Presentation State, is it mandatory to apply a Presentation State to a dicom file before sending it to the printer or is it an option included by the DCMTK ?

I have to remind you that I create myself the Secondary Capture (grayscale and color) and the HardCopy and the Stored Print with the different modules of the norme but without Presentation LUT and Presentation State.

If you can put the light me on these different points, it would be great.

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#2 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

There is no counterpart to the Presentation LUT for color images, mostly because DICOM does not address the issue of color calibration yet.

It is not mandatory to apply a Presentation State to a DICOM image before sending it to a printer, this is just how we chose to implement the Print SCU in module dcmpstat.

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#3 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

Btw, a Color Softcopy Presentation State is currently being defined (see Supplement 100).