storescp and multiple connections

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

cpisto

storescp and multiple connections

#1 Post by cpisto »

After a brief look at the storescp code, I do not see that it forks or uses threads to handle multiple network connections, is this correct?

If so, can storescp be run via inetd or some similar multiplexer so that it may handle multiple connections?

Thanks in advance

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#2 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

Your observation is correct: "storescp" does not support multiple associations (in contrast to "imagectn").

And to your second question: No, unfortunately, "storescp" cannot be run via (x)inetd - at least not without some modifications. This is because "storescp" does not expect to get an open socket when it is called.

harald

imagectn and (x)inetd

#3 Post by harald »

Jörg Riesmeier wrote:Your observation is correct: "storescp" does not support multiple associations (in contrast to "imagectn").
And to your second question: No, unfortunately, "storescp" cannot be run via (x)inetd - at least not without some modifications. This is because "storescp" does not expect to get an open socket when it is called.
And what about imagectn? Can imagectn be started by (x)inetd?

Thank you

jsalk
DCMTK Tester

Re: imagectn and (x)inetd

#4 Post by jsalk »

harald wrote:
And what about imagectn? Can imagectn be started by (x)inetd?
No. :(

viewtopic.php?t=76

Best regards - Juergen

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#5 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

Some time ago we have received patches of a developer who has managed to get storescp working from inetd, and I hope we'll be able to include that into the next release (DCMTK 3.5.4). Don't ask me for a publication date, though.