findscu and schicktech CDR DICOM Server

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

hamlet

findscu and schicktech CDR DICOM Server

#1 Post by hamlet »

Hi,
I have a DICOM Server form schicktech(www.schicktech.com).
I got a error when I use findscu.exe.

-v -d -O -k 0010,0010="DENTRIX^XXXX" -k 0008,00052="STUDY" -k 0010,0020="" -k 0008,0020="" -k 0008,0030="" -k 0008,1030="" -aet HamletAET -aec CDRServer 192.168.XX.XX 1004

0006:020f DIMSE Unexpected PDV type.
Aborting Association.

I debug into Findscu, I see this note:

dimse.cxx ln: 1617
/* we are expecting to see a data set PDV; if the PDV which was received does not refer */
/* to a data set, set the error indicating variable correspondingly and end the loop. */
if (!last)
{
if (pdv.pdvType != DUL_DATASETPDV)
{
cond = DIMSE_UNEXPECTEDPDVTYPE;
last = OFTrue;
}
}

Does it mean schicktech DICOM Server send a error message to client?

I also use Conquest DICOM Server(free server) and UDM99( another toolkit), they could query the server fine.

How do I modify dcmtk to able to query schicktech DICOM Server?

Thanks a lot.

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#2 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

The error you describe indicates that the Schicktech server might send something illegal at this point (i.e. violate the DIMSE/DUL protocol), or that there is a bug in the network module in DCMTK that has not been detected in the last 12 years (which is possible but unlikely). You will have to provide more information, e.g. the byte stream received from the remote server, for further analysis.
Conquest and UDM99 use the same code base, so it's actually not suprising that they show the same behavior.

hamlet

#3 Post by hamlet »

Thanks.
I have touch schicktech.com, and they replicated this error. They think there are some issue in their server.
And I try to change Transfer Syntax to only "LittleEndianImplicitTransferSyntax", it works fine.