Is there any diff of linux dicomtk lib between arm and X86?

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

Zhou_jianzhong

Is there any diff of linux dicomtk lib between arm and X86?

#1 Post by Zhou_jianzhong »

link error using arm-linux-c++, (I copy some lib from x86, Is that right? ) but linux of x86 is ok.

arm-linux-c++ -O -I. -I/usr/local/arm/2.95.3/arm-linux/include -D_REENTRANT -D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_BSD_COMPAT -D_OSF_SOURCE -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199506L -Wall -L. -L/usr/local/arm/2.95.3/arm-linux/lib -o kxDicomUSImage kxDicomUSImage.o -lwrap -ldcmimage -ldcmpstat -ldcmimage -ldcmimgle -ldcmsr -ldcmtls -ldcmnet -ldcmdata -lofstd -lz -lpng -lz -lm -lrt -lpthread -lnsl
kxDicomUSImage.o: In function `intToString(int)':
kxDicomUSImage.o(.text+0x644): undefined reference to `OFString::OFString(char const *)'
kxDicomUSImage.o: In function `makeUID(OFString, int)':
kxDicomUSImage.o(.text+0x6b0): undefined reference to `operator+(OFString const &, char const *)'
kxDicomUSImage.o(.text+0x70c): undefined reference to `operator+(OFString const &, OFString const &)'
kxDicomUSImage.o(.text+0x780): undefined reference to `dcmGenerateUniqueIdentifier(char *, char const *)'
kxDicomUSImage.o(.text+0x78c): undefined reference to `OFString::OFString(char const *)'
kxDicomUSImage.o(.text+0x7bc): undefined reference to `OFString::OFString(OFString const &, unsigned int, unsigned int)'
kxDicomUSImage.o(.text+0x828): undefined reference to `OFString::~OFString(void)'
kxDicomUSImage.o: In function `updateStringAttributeValue(DcmItem *, DcmTagKey const &, OFString &)':
kxDicomUSImage.o(.text+0x9d4): undefined reference to `DcmStack::DcmStack(void)'
kxDicomUSImage.o(.text+0xa04): undefined reference to `DcmTag::DcmTag(DcmTagKey const &)'
kxDicomUSImage.o(.text+0xbe8): undefined reference to `OFConsole::instance(void)'
kxDicomUSImage.o(.text+0xc08): undefined reference to `DcmStack::top(void) const'

Zhou_jianzhong

#2 Post by Zhou_jianzhong »

dicomtk lib(.a) is complied and linked by c++, but my own application using the lib is is complied and linked by arm-linux-c++.It is not right,is not ?
I can't find libwarp.a in /usr/local/arm/2.95.3/lib。

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#3 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,
Zhou_jianzhong wrote:dicomtk lib(.a) is complied and linked by c++, but my own application using the lib is is complied and linked by arm-linux-c++.It is not right,is not ?
Yes, i would say you should compile and link DCMTK with the same compiler. Or compile DCMTK with a cross compiler for the arm system, if available.
Zhou_jianzhong wrote: I can't find libwarp.a in /usr/local/arm/2.95.3/lib。
Hm?

Regards,
Michael

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#4 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

When trying to cross-compile DCMTK, you need to make sure that already the configure script is executed with the cross compiler, because otherwise many properties of the host system will be stored in cfunix.h, instead of the properties of the target system for cross compilation. Also note that the DCMTK build system was not developed with cross compilation in mind, so unless you can actually execute cross-compiled code during configure, there might be a few problems requiring workarounds.

winstonshi

#5 Post by winstonshi »

Marco Eichelberg wrote:When trying to cross-compile DCMTK, you need to make sure that already the configure script is executed with the cross compiler, because otherwise many properties of the host system will be stored in cfunix.h, instead of the properties of the target system for cross compilation. Also note that the DCMTK build system was not developed with cross compilation in mind, so unless you can actually execute cross-compiled code during configure, there might be a few problems requiring workarounds.
one question, how could i make sure the configre script is executed with the cross compiler?