dcmtk on iPhone ??

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

rick

forgot to say

#46 Post by rick »

Am I missing the basics - how do you separate the image data from the rest of the dicom file? Is this my issue?

Rick.

francois

#47 Post by francois »

I give you the most interresting part of the code

Code: Select all

- (void) LoadTextures:(NSData *)data {

//textures is a array of GLuint
	glGenTextures(1, &textures[0]);

// select our current texture
	glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, textures[0]);

glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_LUMINANCE, 512,
				 512, 0, GL_LUMINANCE, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,
				 [data bytes]);

glTexParameterf(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_LINEAR);
	glTexParameterf(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_LINEAR);
	glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);
}
the variable data is the dcm file load by :

DicomImage *di = ...
[[NSData alloc] initWithBytes:di->getOutputData(8, 0, 0) length:di->getOutputDataSize(8)];

And, my advice is read the source code of dcm2pnm.cc to know how to read a dcm file.

moon198831

#48 Post by moon198831 »

Hi,

that's an error on the mac caused by the CMake configuration.. You can ignore it and go ahead anyway,i.e. hit configure again and go on.

If you want to fix it instead, unselect any boxes on the screen where the description contains the word TIFF

Best regards,
Michael
i ignored it, i just configure again, but it was still stuck there. It always stopped there. I tried unselect all the boxes including TIFF, but it came up a error message

CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY
what can i do now .just type g to generate?

rick

It's a holy grail

#49 Post by rick »

Well, I have almost come to terms wiht the fact that this is a holy grail. If anyone has any example source code ( working in xcode & does complie without errors ) to get a simple file displayed just email me at

rick_farr at me.com

I have now tried to use DCMTK, VTK, and even GDCM to try and view a Dicom - and errors are the bane of my life lol.

DCMTK and iOS!?! ... If I ever make it I will post sample code online so people can also learn from it.

Regards

A very frustrated iOS programmer

moon198831

#50 Post by moon198831 »

I'm also stuck here. I compiled the dcmtk file for 2weeks, but there is still a problem with cmake configuration. I wanna use xcode to connect to pacs server and retrieve, change, save data. I think if some1 can help me, it will be so easy. I just cannot find some examples of code.
i hope some1 who is master in this area could help me, thanks so much :shock:

madhuri

Build failed with 57 errors on mac os

#51 Post by madhuri »

I followed following steps:

1) get the source code package of DCMTK 3.6.0
2) unpack it somewhere on your harddisk
3) Download, install and start CMake from Kitware
4) Enter in the first line the source code directory
5) In the second, tell CMake where it should put the compiled files
6) Hit the "configure" button
7) If asked, select "Xcode Project File" and wait that it runs through
8 ) Hit configure again (if necessary) or, as soon as available
9) Hit "generate" button
10) In the directory you told in the second line, you will now find something like DCMTK.xcode that you can open with Apple's XCode for compiling (hit "Build" or something like that)

I'm getting 57 build errors while building on MAc OS 10.6:-

Ld Build1/dcmdata/tests/Debug/tstpath normal x86_64
cd /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/dcmtk-3.6.0
setenv MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 10.6
/XCode_iphoneSDK3.2/usr/bin/g++-4.0 -arch x86_64 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk -L/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/dcmtk-3.6.0/Build1/dcmdata/tests/Debug -L/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/dcmtk-3.6.0/Build1/dcmdata/Debug -L/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/dcmtk-3.6.0/Build1/dcmdata -L/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/dcmtk-3.6.0/Build1/ofstd/Debug -L/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/dcmtk-3.6.0/Build1/ofstd -L/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/dcmtk-3.6.0/Build1/oflog/Debug -L/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/dcmtk-3.6.0/Build1/oflog -F/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/dcmtk-3.6.0/Build1/dcmdata/tests/Debug -filelist /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/dcmtk-3.6.0/Build1/dcmdata/tests/DCMTK.build/Debug/tstpath.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/tstpath.LinkFileList -mmacosx-version-min=10.6 -Wl,-search_paths_first -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/dcmtk-3.6.0/Build1/dcmdata/libsrc/Debug/libdcmdata.a /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/dcmtk-3.6.0/Build1/oflog/libsrc/Debug/liboflog.a /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/dcmtk-3.6.0/Build1/ofstd/libsrc/Debug/libofstd.a /usr/lib/libz.dylib -lpthread -o /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/dcmtk-3.6.0/Build1/dcmdata/tests/Debug/tstpath

ld: warning: directory '/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/dcmtk-3.6.0/Build1/dcmdata/Debug' following -L not found
ld: warning: directory '/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/dcmtk-3.6.0/Build1/ofstd/Debug' following -L not found
ld: warning: directory '/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/dcmtk-3.6.0/Build1/oflog/Debug' following -L not found
Undefined symbols:
"_main", referenced from:
start in crt1.10.5.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Problems:

1) how can I build the xcode project file successfully?
2) how can I use the lib generated in iPhone/iPad application?
3) steps to use those lib in iPhone and iPad app?

madhuri

Build errors while including DCMTK libraries in Mac OS application

#52 Post by madhuri »

I'm getting following build errors when I include libraries generated by DCMTK in new Xcode project. Please do help.

Do I need to make some project settings for including C++ libraries in Xcode for Mac OS/iPhone/iPad application?

Check dependencies

[WARN]Warning: Multiple build commands for output file /Users/macos-3/Desktop/DCMTK_Sample_Mac/build/Debug/DCMTK_Sample_Mac.app/Contents/Resources/CMakeLists.txt
[WARN]Warning: Multiple build commands for output file /Users/macos-3/Desktop/DCMTK_Sample_Mac/build/Debug/DCMTK_Sample_Mac.app/Contents/Resources/CMakeLists.txt

CompileC build/DCMTK_Sample_Mac.build/Debug/DCMTK_Sample_Mac.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/MyDocument.o MyDocument.m normal x86_64 objective-c com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_0
cd /Users/macos-3/Desktop/DCMTK_Sample_Mac
setenv LANG en_US.US-ASCII
/XCode_iphoneSDK3.2/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -x objective-c -arch x86_64 -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -std=gnu99 -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -fasm-blocks -O0 -Wreturn-type -Wunused-variable -isysroot /XCode_iphoneSDK3.2/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk -mfix-and-continue -mmacosx-version-min=10.6 -gdwarf-2 -iquote /Users/macos-3/Desktop/DCMTK_Sample_Mac/build/DCMTK_Sample_Mac.build/Debug/DCMTK_Sample_Mac.build/DCMTK_Sample_Mac-generated-files.hmap -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/DCMTK_Sample_Mac/build/DCMTK_Sample_Mac.build/Debug/DCMTK_Sample_Mac.build/DCMTK_Sample_Mac-own-target-headers.hmap -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/DCMTK_Sample_Mac/build/DCMTK_Sample_Mac.build/Debug/DCMTK_Sample_Mac.build/DCMTK_Sample_Mac-all-target-headers.hmap -iquote /Users/macos-3/Desktop/DCMTK_Sample_Mac/build/DCMTK_Sample_Mac.build/Debug/DCMTK_Sample_Mac.build/DCMTK_Sample_Mac-project-headers.hmap -F/Users/macos-3/Desktop/DCMTK_Sample_Mac/build/Debug -iquote/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/dcmtk-3.6.0/Build2/Output_lib/Debug -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/DCMTK_Sample_Mac/build/Debug/include -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/config/include -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/config/include/dcmtk -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/config/include/dcmtk/config -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmdata/include -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmdata/include/dcmtk -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmdata/include/dcmtk/dcmdata -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmdata/include/dcmtk/dcmdata/libi2d -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmimage/include -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmimage/include/dcmtk -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmimage/include/dcmtk/dcmimage -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmimgle/include -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmimgle/include/dcmtk -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmimgle/include/dcmtk/dcmimgle -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmjpeg/include -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmjpeg/include/dcmtk -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmjpeg/include/dcmtk/dcmjpeg -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmjpls/include -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmjpls/include/dcmtk -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmjpls/include/dcmtk/dcmjpls -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmnet/include -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmnet/include/dcmtk -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmnet/include/dcmtk/dcmnet -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmpstat/include -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmpstat/include/dcmtk -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmpstat/include/dcmtk/dcmpstat -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmqrdb/include -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmqrdb/include/dcmtk -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmqrdb/include/dcmtk/dcmqrdb -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmsign/include -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmsign/include/dcmtk -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmsign/include/dcmtk/dcmsign -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmsr/include -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmsr/include/dcmtk -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmsr/include/dcmtk/dcmsr -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmtls/include -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmtls/include/dcmtk -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmtls/include/dcmtk/dcmtls -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmwlm/include -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmwlm/include/dcmtk -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmwlm/include/dcmtk/dcmwlm -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/oflog/include -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/oflog/include/dcmtk -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/oflog/include/dcmtk/oflog -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/oflog/include/dcmtk/oflog/config -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/oflog/include/dcmtk/oflog/helpers -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/oflog/include/dcmtk/oflog/spi -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/ofstd/include -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/ofstd/include/dcmtk -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/ofstd/include/dcmtk/ofstd -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/DCMTK_Sample_Mac/build/DCMTK_Sample_Mac.build/Debug/DCMTK_Sample_Mac.build/DerivedSources/x86_64 -I/Users/macos-3/Desktop/DCMTK_Sample_Mac/build/DCMTK_Sample_Mac.build/Debug/DCMTK_Sample_Mac.build/DerivedSources -include /var/folders/vU/vU5KNO1qFROE1rfwr8hvLk+++TI/-Caches-/com.apple.Xcode.501/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/DCMTK_Sample_Mac_Prefix-cryypwucxcmkunfpvnunhbsokhhu/DCMTK_Sample_Mac_Prefix.pch -c /Users/macos-3/Desktop/DCMTK_Sample_Mac/MyDocument.m -o /Users/macos-3/Desktop/DCMTK_Sample_Mac/build/DCMTK_Sample_Mac.build/Debug/DCMTK_Sample_Mac.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/MyDocument.o

In file included from /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/ofstd/include/dcmtk/ofstd/ofstring.h:65,
from /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/oflog/include/dcmtk/oflog/tstring.h:27,
from /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/oflog/include/dcmtk/oflog/streams.h:27,
from /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/oflog/include/dcmtk/oflog/loglevel.h:29,
from /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/oflog/include/dcmtk/oflog/logger.h:28,
from /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/oflog/include/dcmtk/oflog/oflog.h:35,
from /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmdata/include/dcmtk/dcmdata/dctypes.h:34,
from /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmdata/include/dcmtk/dcmdata/dctk.h:35,
from /Users/macos-3/Desktop/DCMTK_Sample_Mac/MyDocument.m:11:
/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/ofstd/include/dcmtk/ofstd/ofstream.h:68:20: error: iostream: No such file or directory
/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/ofstd/include/dcmtk/ofstd/ofstream.h:69:19: error: fstream: No such file or directory
/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/ofstd/include/dcmtk/ofstd/ofstream.h:81:2: error: #error DCMTK needs stringstream or strstream type
/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/ofstd/include/dcmtk/ofstd/ofstream.h:83:21: error: iomanip.h: No such file or directory
In file included from /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/ofstd/include/dcmtk/ofstd/ofstring.h:65,
from /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/oflog/include/dcmtk/oflog/tstring.h:27,
from /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/oflog/include/dcmtk/oflog/streams.h:27,
from /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/oflog/include/dcmtk/oflog/loglevel.h:29,
from /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/oflog/include/dcmtk/oflog/logger.h:28,
from /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/oflog/include/dcmtk/oflog/oflog.h:35,
from /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmdata/include/dcmtk/dcmdata/dctypes.h:34,
from /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DCMTK/DCMTK_2/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmdata/include/dcmtk/dcmdata/dctk.h:35,
from /Users/macos-3/Desktop/DCMTK_Sample_Mac/MyDocument.m:11:

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#53 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

try to include the DCMTK includes first (before including iostream etc. yourself).

HTH,
Michael

madhuri

Regarding the iOS errors

#54 Post by madhuri »

Thanks for your reply Michael.
I could run a sample application on Mac OS.

I'm now trying to run that on iOS i.e. IPad application.

Getting following warnings and errors....

Build DicomSampleiPad of project DicomSampleiPad with configuration Debug

Ld build/Debug-iphonesimulator/DicomSampleiPad.app/DicomSampleiPad normal i386
cd /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad
setenv MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 10.5
setenv PATH "/XCode_iphoneSDK3.2/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/XCode_iphoneSDK3.2/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
/XCode_iphoneSDK3.2/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin/g++-4.2 -arch i386 -isysroot /XCode_iphoneSDK3.2/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator3.2.sdk -L/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad/build/Debug-iphonesimulator -L/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad/Lib -L/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad/lib -F/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad/build/Debug-iphonesimulator -filelist /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad/build/DicomSampleiPad.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/DicomSampleiPad.build/Objects-normal/i386/DicomSampleiPad.LinkFileList -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 -lofstd -loflog -ldcmdata -ldcmnet -lcharls -ldcmdsig -ldcmimage -ldcmimgle -ldcmjpeg -ldcmjpls -ldcmpstat -ldcmqrdb -ldcmsr -ldcmtls -ldcmwlm -li2d -lijg8 -lijg12 -lijg16 -framework Foundation -framework UIKit -framework CoreGraphics -o /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad/build/Debug-iphonesimulator/DicomSampleiPad.app/DicomSampleiPad

ld: warning: in /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad/Lib/libofstd.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
ld: warning: in /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad/Lib/liboflog.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
ld: warning: in /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad/Lib/libdcmdata.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
ld: warning: in /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad/Lib/libdcmnet.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
ld: warning: in /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad/Lib/libcharls.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
ld: warning: in /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad/Lib/libdcmdsig.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
ld: warning: in /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad/Lib/libdcmimage.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
ld: warning: in /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad/Lib/libdcmimgle.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
ld: warning: in /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad/Lib/libdcmjpeg.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
ld: warning: in /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad/Lib/libdcmjpls.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
ld: warning: in /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad/Lib/libdcmpstat.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
ld: warning: in /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad/Lib/libdcmqrdb.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
ld: warning: in /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad/Lib/libdcmsr.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
ld: warning: in /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad/Lib/libdcmtls.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
ld: warning: in /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad/Lib/libdcmwlm.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
ld: warning: in /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad/Lib/libi2d.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
ld: warning: in /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad/Lib/libijg8.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
ld: warning: in /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad/Lib/libijg12.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
ld: warning: in /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad/Lib/libijg16.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
Undefined symbols:
"DcmFileFormat::~DcmFileFormat()", referenced from:
readDicomFile() in DicomRead.o
"DcmFileFormat::DcmFileFormat()", referenced from:
readDicomFile() in DicomRead.o
ld: symbol(s) not found

Xcode Project Settings:

ADDITIONAL_SDKS =
ARCHS = $(NATIVE_ARCH_32_BIT)
ARCHS[sdk=iphonesimulator*] = i386
ARCHS[sdk=iphoneos*] = armv7
SDKROOT = iphonesimulator3.2
ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH = NO
VALID_ARCHS = i386
SYMROOT = build
OBJROOT = $(SYMROOT)
CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR = $(BUILD_DIR)/$(CONFIGURATION)$(EFFECTIVE_PLATFORM_NAME)
CONFIGURATION_TEMP_DIR = $(PROJECT_TEMP_DIR)/$(CONFIGURATION)$(EFFECTIVE_PLATFORM_NAME)
SHARED_PRECOMPS_DIR = $(CACHE_ROOT)/SharedPrecompiledHeaders
BUILD_VARIANTS = normal
DEBUG_INFORMATION_FORMAT = dwarf-with-dsym
ENABLE_OPENMP_SUPPORT = NO
GENERATE_PROFILING_CODE =
PRECOMPS_INCLUDE_HEADERS_FROM_BUILT_PRODUCTS_DIR = YES
RUN_CLANG_STATIC_ANALYZER = NO
SCAN_ALL_SOURCE_FILES_FOR_INCLUDES = NO
CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY =
CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY[sdk=iphoneos*] = iPhone Developer
CODE_SIGN_RESOURCE_RULES_PATH =
OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS =
STRIPFLAGS =
ALTERNATE_GROUP = $(INSTALL_GROUP)
ALTERNATE_OWNER = $(INSTALL_OWNER)
ALTERNATE_MODE = $(INSTALL_MODE_FLAG)
ALTERNATE_PERMISSIONS_FILES =
DEPLOYMENT_LOCATION = NO
DEPLOYMENT_POSTPROCESSING = NO
INSTALL_GROUP = $(GROUP)
INSTALL_OWNER = $(USER)
INSTALL_MODE_FLAG = u+w,go-w,a+rX
DSTROOT = /tmp/$(PROJECT_NAME).dst
INSTALL_PATH =
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET = 10.6
SKIP_INSTALL = NO
COPY_PHASE_STRIP = YES
STRIP_INSTALLED_PRODUCT = YES
STRIP_STYLE = all
TARGETED_DEVICE_FAMILY = 2
SEPARATE_STRIP = NO
MODULE_NAME =
MODULE_START =
MODULE_STOP =
MODULE_VERSION =
BUNDLE_LOADER =
STANDARD_C_PLUS_PLUS_LIBRARY_TYPE = dynamic
DYLIB_COMPATIBILITY_VERSION =
DYLIB_CURRENT_VERSION =
DEAD_CODE_STRIPPING = NO
LINKER_DISPLAYS_MANGLED_NAMES = NO
PRESERVE_DEAD_CODE_INITS_AND_TERMS = NO
LD_DYLIB_INSTALL_NAME =
EXPORTED_SYMBOLS_FILE =
INIT_ROUTINE =
LINK_WITH_STANDARD_LIBRARIES = YES
MACH_O_TYPE =
LD_OPENMP_FLAGS = -fopenmp
ORDER_FILE =
OTHER_LDFLAGS = -lofstd -loflog -ldcmdata -ldcmnet -lcharls -ldcmdsig -ldcmimage -ldcmimgle -ldcmjpeg -ldcmjpls -ldcmpstat -ldcmqrdb -ldcmsr -ldcmtls -ldcmwlm -li2d -lijg8 -lijg12 -lijg16
LD_MAP_FILE_PATH = $(TARGET_TEMP_DIR)/$(PRODUCT_NAME)-LinkMap-$(CURRENT_VARIANT)-$(CURRENT_ARCH).txt
GENERATE_MASTER_OBJECT_FILE = NO
PREBINDING = NO
PRELINK_LIBS =
KEEP_PRIVATE_EXTERNS = NO
LD_RUNPATH_SEARCH_PATHS =
SEPARATE_SYMBOL_EDIT = NO
PRELINK_FLAGS =
SECTORDER_FLAGS =
UNEXPORTED_SYMBOLS_FILE =
WARNING_LDFLAGS =
LD_GENERATE_MAP_FILE = NO
COMPRESS_PNG_FILES = YES
APPLY_RULES_IN_COPY_FILES = NO
EXECUTABLE_EXTENSION =
EXECUTABLE_PREFIX =
INFOPLIST_EXPAND_BUILD_SETTINGS = YES
GENERATE_PKGINFO_FILE = NO
FRAMEWORK_VERSION = A
INFOPLIST_FILE =
INFOPLIST_OTHER_PREPROCESSOR_FLAGS =
INFOPLIST_OUTPUT_FORMAT = binary
INFOPLIST_PREPROCESSOR_DEFINITIONS =
INFOPLIST_PREFIX_HEADER =
INFOPLIST_PREPROCESS = NO
COPYING_PRESERVES_HFS_DATA = NO
PRIVATE_HEADERS_FOLDER_PATH =
PRODUCT_NAME =
PLIST_FILE_OUTPUT_FORMAT = binary
PUBLIC_HEADERS_FOLDER_PATH =
STRINGS_FILE_OUTPUT_ENCODING = binary
WRAPPER_EXTENSION =
ALWAYS_SEARCH_USER_PATHS = YES
FRAMEWORK_SEARCH_PATHS =
HEADER_SEARCH_PATHS = $SRCROOT/include/**
LIBRARY_SEARCH_PATHS = $SRCROOT/Lib
REZ_SEARCH_PATHS =
EXCLUDED_RECURSIVE_SEARCH_PATH_SUBDIRECTORIES = *.nib *.lproj *.framework *.gch *.xcode* (*) CVS .svn
INCLUDED_RECURSIVE_SEARCH_PATH_SUBDIRECTORIES =
USER_HEADER_SEARCH_PATHS =
OTHER_TEST_FLAGS =
TEST_HOST =
TEST_RIG =
CURRENT_PROJECT_VERSION =
VERSION_INFO_FILE =
VERSION_INFO_EXPORT_DECL =
VERSION_INFO_PREFIX =
VERSION_INFO_SUFFIX =
VERSIONING_SYSTEM =
VERSION_INFO_BUILDER =
GCC_FAST_OBJC_DISPATCH = YES
GCC_AUTO_VECTORIZATION = NO
GCC_OBJC_CALL_CXX_CDTORS = YES
GCC_ENABLE_SSE3_EXTENSIONS = NO
GCC_ENABLE_SSE41_EXTENSIONS = NO
GCC_ENABLE_SSE42_EXTENSIONS = NO
GCC_ENABLE_SUPPLEMENTAL_SSE3_INSTRUCTIONS = NO
GCC_STRICT_ALIASING = NO
GCC_FEEDBACK_DIRECTED_OPTIMIZATION = Off
GCC_ENABLE_FIX_AND_CONTINUE = NO
GCC_GENERATE_DEBUGGING_SYMBOLS = YES
GCC_DYNAMIC_NO_PIC = NO
GCC_GENERATE_TEST_COVERAGE_FILES = NO
GCC_INLINES_ARE_PRIVATE_EXTERN = NO
GCC_MODEL_TUNING = G4
GCC_INSTRUMENT_PROGRAM_FLOW_ARCS = NO
GCC_ENABLE_KERNEL_DEVELOPMENT = NO
GCC_DEBUGGING_SYMBOLS = default
GCC_REUSE_STRINGS = YES
GCC_NO_COMMON_BLOCKS = NO
GCC_ENABLE_OBJC_GC = unsupported
GCC_OPTIMIZATION_LEVEL = s
GCC_FAST_MATH = NO
GCC_ENABLE_SYMBOL_SEPARATION = YES
GCC_THREADSAFE_STATICS = YES
GCC_SYMBOLS_PRIVATE_EXTERN = NO
GCC_UNROLL_LOOPS = NO
GCC_MODEL_PPC64 = NO
GCC_CHAR_IS_UNSIGNED_CHAR = NO
GCC_ENABLE_ASM_KEYWORD = YES
GCC_C_LANGUAGE_STANDARD = c99
GCC_CHECK_RETURN_VALUE_OF_OPERATOR_NEW = NO
GCC_CW_ASM_SYNTAX = YES
GCC_INPUT_FILETYPE = automatic
GCC_ALTIVEC_EXTENSIONS = NO
GCC_ENABLE_CPP_EXCEPTIONS = YES
GCC_ENABLE_CPP_RTTI = YES
GCC_LINK_WITH_DYNAMIC_LIBRARIES = YES
GCC_ENABLE_OBJC_EXCEPTIONS = YES
GCC_ENABLE_TRIGRAPHS = NO
GCC_ENABLE_FLOATING_POINT_LIBRARY_CALLS = NO
GCC_USE_INDIRECT_FUNCTION_CALLS = NO
GCC_USE_REGISTER_FUNCTION_CALLS = NO
GCC_INCREASE_PRECOMPILED_HEADER_SHARING = NO
OTHER_CPLUSPLUSFLAGS = $(OTHER_CFLAGS)
GCC_PRECOMPILE_PREFIX_HEADER = NO
GCC_PREFIX_HEADER =
GCC_ENABLE_BUILTIN_FUNCTIONS = YES
GCC_ENABLE_PASCAL_STRINGS = YES
GCC_FORCE_CPU_SUBTYPE_ALL = NO
GCC_SHORT_ENUMS = NO
GCC_ONE_BYTE_BOOL = NO
GCC_USE_STANDARD_INCLUDE_SEARCHING = YES
GCC_PREPROCESSOR_DEFINITIONS =
GCC_PREPROCESSOR_DEFINITIONS_NOT_USED_IN_PRECOMPS =
GCC_WARN_CHECK_SWITCH_STATEMENTS = NO
GCC_WARN_EFFECTIVE_CPLUSPLUS_VIOLATIONS = NO
GCC_WARN_FOUR_CHARACTER_CONSTANTS = NO
GCC_WARN_ABOUT_GLOBAL_CONSTRUCTORS = NO
GCC_WARN_SHADOW = NO
GCC_WARN_64_TO_32_BIT_CONVERSION = NO
GCC_WARN_ALLOW_INCOMPLETE_PROTOCOL = YES
GCC_WARN_INHIBIT_ALL_WARNINGS = NO
GCC_WARN_INITIALIZER_NOT_FULLY_BRACKETED = NO
GCC_WARN_ABOUT_RETURN_TYPE = YES
GCC_WARN_MISSING_PARENTHESES = NO
GCC_WARN_ABOUT_MISSING_FIELD_INITIALIZERS = NO
GCC_WARN_ABOUT_MISSING_PROTOTYPES = NO
GCC_WARN_ABOUT_MISSING_NEWLINE = NO
GCC_WARN_MULTIPLE_DEFINITION_TYPES_FOR_SELECTOR = NO
GCC_WARN_NON_VIRTUAL_DESTRUCTOR = NO
WARNING_CFLAGS =
GCC_WARN_HIDDEN_VIRTUAL_FUNCTIONS = NO
GCC_WARN_PEDANTIC = NO
GCC_WARN_ABOUT_POINTER_SIGNEDNESS = YES
GCC_WARN_PROTOTYPE_CONVERSION = NO
GCC_WARN_SIGN_COMPARE = NO
GCC_WARN_STRICT_SELECTOR_MATCH = NO
GCC_TREAT_IMPLICIT_FUNCTION_DECLARATIONS_AS_ERRORS = NO
GCC_TREAT_NONCONFORMANT_CODE_ERRORS_AS_WARNINGS = NO
GCC_TREAT_WARNINGS_AS_ERRORS = NO
GCC_WARN_TYPECHECK_CALLS_TO_PRINTF = YES
GCC_WARN_UNDECLARED_SELECTOR = NO
GCC_WARN_UNINITIALIZED_AUTOS = NO
GCC_WARN_UNKNOWN_PRAGMAS = NO
GCC_WARN_UNUSED_FUNCTION = NO
GCC_WARN_UNUSED_LABEL = NO
GCC_WARN_UNUSED_PARAMETER = NO
GCC_WARN_UNUSED_VALUE = NO
GCC_WARN_UNUSED_VARIABLE = YES
GCC_WARN_ABOUT_DEPRECATED_FUNCTIONS = YES
GCC_WARN_ABOUT_INVALID_OFFSETOF_MACRO = YES
IBC_FLATTEN_NIBS = YES
IBC_OTHER_FLAGS =
IBC_PLUGIN_SEARCH_PATHS =
IBC_PLUGINS =
IBC_ERRORS = YES
IBC_NOTICES = YES
IBC_WARNINGS = YES

For above Project Settings I'm getting following errors:

Ld build/Debug-iphonesimulator/DicomSampleiPad.app/DicomSampleiPad normal i386
cd /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad
setenv MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 10.6
setenv PATH "/XCode_iphoneSDK3.2/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/XCode_iphoneSDK3.2/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
/XCode_iphoneSDK3.2/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin/g++-4.2 -arch i386 -isysroot /XCode_iphoneSDK3.2/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator3.2.sdk -L/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad/build/Debug-iphonesimulator -L/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad/Lib -L/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad/lib -F/Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad/build/Debug-iphonesimulator -filelist /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad/build/DicomSampleiPad.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/DicomSampleiPad.build/Objects-normal/i386/DicomSampleiPad.LinkFileList -mmacosx-version-min=10.6 -lofstd -loflog -ldcmdata -ldcmnet -lcharls -ldcmdsig -ldcmimage -ldcmimgle -ldcmjpeg -ldcmjpls -ldcmpstat -ldcmqrdb -ldcmsr -ldcmtls -ldcmwlm -li2d -lijg8 -lijg12 -lijg16 -framework Foundation -framework UIKit -framework CoreGraphics -o /Users/macos-3/Desktop/RnD/DICOM/DicomSampleiPad/build/Debug-iphonesimulator/DicomSampleiPad.app/DicomSampleiPad

ld: library not found for -lcrt1.10.6.o
Command /XCode_iphoneSDK3.2/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin/g++-4.2 failed with exit code 1

Please do help.

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#55 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

I did only a quick look at the error:
ld: library not found for -lcrt1.10.6.o
Just seems that the library is not found. Try just removing the library from the ld command line. If you then get missing symbols from crt, then track down where crt1.10.6.o file is located on your hard disk and use -L for add that path to the linker. Or use an absolute path like -l/your/path/to/crt1.10.6.0

Good luck,
Michael

P.S: This is not a DCMTK error

P.P.S: Ah, another thing:
file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
It seems you build the libraries for a different system (maybe for your normal mac) than the system you link your applications for (iPhone or the like?

van

how to use Dcmtk lib after compile

#56 Post by van »

I already compiled dcmtk lib for IOS with no error, but i dont know how to use it in my project.
I already add file project of dcmtk lib into my project but can not #import file .h
I already try to add file .a in to framework directory but still have error.
I have no experience in dcmtk
thanks for your help.

amitja

Help needed on cross compilation of dcmtk for iphone

#57 Post by amitja »

Hi elzix88,

Thats really gr8 that u have succesfully compiled the same. Could you please provide steps in more details. As i am using arm-elf for building dcmtk libs on arm architecture over ubuntu. But i thin u were able to compile them without any cross compiler. Please help as i am stuck on this since long.
elzix88 wrote:Hi,

1. before install you should remember to fix bug with dicom dictionary (in file dcdict.cc). Fix can be find in this forum.

2. all you need to do is configure dcmtk with these options (64 bits for Mac OS X and 32 for iOS):

env ARCH='-arch i386 -arch x86_64' CFLAGS='-D_DARWIN_C_SOURCE -arch i386 -arch x86_64' CXXFLAGS='-D_DARWIN_C_SOURCE -arch i386 -arch x86_64' ./configure --prefix=/Users/bartek/full-dcmtk --disable-threads --with-libzlibinc=/Users/bartek/Desktop/dcmtk-3.5.4/zlib-1.2.5
2.a)make all
2.b) make install, make install-lib

3. remember about library order (FAQ 27) and about zlib library into your project

I think thats all (i spend a lot of time on my project and i dont remember if i done something else)

------------------------------------
I hope that it will be usefull for someone. Cheers !

amitja

Re: how to use Dcmtk lib after compile

#58 Post by amitja »

Hi Van,

We are trying hard to compile the dcmtk libs for iOS devices(that support arm arch and not i386) but are not successful could you please provide us some instructions/steps that how did you successfully build them for arm arch.
Really appreciate your help.
-amit
van wrote:I already compiled dcmtk lib for IOS with no error, but i dont know how to use it in my project.
I already add file project of dcmtk lib into my project but can not #import file .h
I already try to add file .a in to framework directory but still have error.
I have no experience in dcmtk
thanks for your help.

tariq2305

How to make libraries compatible to ios device version ?

#59 Post by tariq2305 »

Michael Onken wrote:Hi,

that's an error on the mac caused by the CMake configuration.. You can ignore it and go ahead anyway,i.e. hit configure again and go on.

If you want to fix it instead, unselect any boxes on the screen where the description contains the word TIFF ;)

Best regards,
Michael

Hi Michael,

I have compiled all libraries and it's functioning pretty well in simulator. But the problem is when I am switching my xcode to device mode it starts throwing errors. I guess it's a problem for library compatibility in device mode. And I have seen somewhere in blog i.e. "if you want to run on the device, you need to dcmtk re-compile in ios-device version, and then link the new dcmtk device version of the library."

Can you please provide steps how to re-compile dcmtk in iOS-Device Environment & how can i use both simulator & device version libraries simultaneously ?

Can we get already compiled libraries from OFFIS. So that we can use in our project instantly rather than going through long steps of cmake and other settings. Just because of unavailability of proper steps mentioned anywhere ?

Thanks

ravi5247

Re: dcmtk on iPhone ??

#60 Post by ravi5247 »

Hi Still i am unable to complie it for iPhone i have the same set of errors

ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator'
ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator'
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libdcmdata.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (i386): /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libdcmdata.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libdcmdsig.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (i386): /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libdcmdsig.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libdcmimage.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (i386): /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libdcmimage.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libdcmimgle.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (i386): /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libdcmimgle.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libdcmjpeg.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (i386): /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libdcmjpeg.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libdcmjpls.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (i386): /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libdcmjpls.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libdcmnet.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (i386): /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libdcmnet.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libdcmpstat.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (i386): /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libdcmpstat.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libdcmqrdb.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (i386): /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libdcmqrdb.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libdcmsr.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (i386): /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libdcmsr.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libdcmtls.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (i386): /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libdcmtls.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libdcmwlm.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (i386): /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libdcmwlm.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libijg12.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (i386): /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libijg12.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libijg16.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (i386): /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libijg16.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libijg8.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (i386): /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libijg8.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/liblibi2d.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (i386): /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/liblibi2d.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/liboflog.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (i386): /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/liboflog.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libofstd.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (i386): /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libofstd.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libz.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (i386): /Users/mini002/Desktop/TestDICOM/Dcmtk/dcmtk/lib-iosimulator/libz.a
Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
"DcmFileFormat::getDataset()", referenced from:
-[ViewController viewDidLoad] in ViewController.o
"DcmFileFormat::loadFile(char const*, E_TransferSyntax, E_GrpLenEncoding, unsigned int, E_FileReadMode)", referenced from:
"DcmFileFormat::DcmFileFormat()", referenced from:
"DcmFileFormat::~DcmFileFormat()", referenced from:
"DcmItem::findAndGetOFString(DcmTagKey const&, OFString&, unsigned long, bool)", referenced from:
"OFString::OFString()", referenced from:
"OFString::~OFString()", referenced from:
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

I have follow the same steps as elexi said in his post still i am getting error , my main question is that how can you able to compile library for architecture armv7 ?