Print Preview

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

aravind.kr

Print Preview

#1 Post by aravind.kr »

Hi guys,
Please let me know how can I create print previews using DCMTK 3.6.0. I managed to get the buffer data using getPreviewImageBitmap(), but unable to create a bitmap(8 bit) to display it on screen. Also I want to display patient details on top of the image.
one more doubt...Can Print Preview be created using Stored Print Object?If i have an image which contains multiple frames how can i display it on a print preview?

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#2 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

First of all, the "pring preview" feature has been implemented for and is used by DICOMscope.

The getPreviewImageBitmap() method creates and returns a mochrome bitmap as an array of 8 bit values. if you want to display this bitmap on screen, you need to consult the documentation of the GUI toolkit and/or operating system you are using. DICOMscope uses Java for the GUI and accesses the DCMTK via JNI.

aravind.kr

#3 Post by aravind.kr »

I said I managed to get the buffer data. but I was unable to render it into the bitmap image for display. Also please give me some idea of how to embed patient details into the image.
Regasrds,
Aravind K R

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#4 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

I was unable to render it into the bitmap image for display.
As I said, this depends on the GUI toolkit/framework you are using. We've used Java for the DICOMscope GUI and the source code of DICOMscope is also available on our web/ftp server.
Also please give me some idea of how to embed patient details into the image.
The rastering of text on top of the print preview bitmap - if this is what you meant - is not supported by the "dcmpstat" module. This module was mainly intended as a support library for the DICOMscope reference application.

Maybe, the FreeType library can be used for this purpose ...