DCMTK PACS server connection

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

manoindia2020

DCMTK PACS server connection

#1 Post by manoindia2020 »

Hi,
I am developing an iPhone application using dcmtk lib to view DCM image as well as the application can able to connect to the PACS Server .
The first part of my application is over.(DCM Image viewer).
The second part PACS Server. I have installed PACS Server in my local system. I tried the DCMTestScu and connected the "www.dicomserver.co.uk" too, it shows the number of records in the server.
But I can't find any code to download all the images or specific image. I don't have any idea about "StoreSCP". Can anyone give me a idea how I have to proceed further.
with regards
Manoj Kumar D

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#2 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

I moved your question to the appropriate forum. storescp.exe is part of dcmtk, you can just download it and use it as is. Starting is easy: storescp -d 10000 starts storescp on port 10000 and waits for images. Easy :-)

The storescp documentationis the first match in google for "storescp".

I explained quite detailed today in the forum how you can use the test scu code from the wiki to download from the PACS.

Michael

manoindia2020

Move Destination Unknown

#3 Post by manoindia2020 »

Hi,
I tried with DCMTestSCU along with STORESCP Connection being established and I am sending the sendMoveRequest. Before sending the sendMoveRequest I am initializing the "storescp -d 10000". But I am getting the Move Destination Unknown error. Can you please help me out. What I am missing. I set my Application Title in storescp in the place of "APPLICATION TITLE".
Response I m getting is

Send C-MOVE Request
I: Received C-MOVE Response
E: Move destination unknown
I: Received study # 1: 1.2.208.154.1.22539.3239.53481.17809.46594.54348.36478.60676
I: Aborting Association

Thanx in advance.
with regards
Manoj Kumar D

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#4 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

that means that the PACS does not know the receiver. You tell it the PACS by giving the move destination AEtitle in the sendMoveRequest() call. The PACS must have that AETitle configured, i.e. it must translate it to IP adress and port, which are those where your storescp is listening.

Michael